Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw my first Velar today at the local dealer. The size is perfect, not too big and not too small. Much bigger than a Macan and Q5 which are to small for us. Exterior is really nice but I didn't like the exterior color and wheel. The interior was absolutely gorgeous and very special. The touch screen was extremely smooth. Mine is a P250 with the coil suspension which I am very much concerned about the wheel gap and stance- coming from a guy who's owned so many sports cars and always lowered them, I like the standard mid height on the P380 which should be comparable to the coil spring height. My salesman wasn't there today, so I have to wait until tomorrow to test drive both petrol variants.

·
Registered
121 Posts
BLAM said:
Mine is a P250 with the coil suspension which I am very much concerned about the wheel gap and stance- coming from a guy who's owned so many sports cars and always lowered them, I like the standard mid height on the P380 which should be comparable to the coil spring height. My salesman wasn't there today, so I have to wait until tomorrow to test drive both petrol variants.
I am also worried about suspensions ... the variant of 300 cv in italy is "forbidden" and the diesel does not want to consider it ... maybe in a few months will be available on the 250 air suspensions?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I test drove the P250 this morning and opt not to test the P380. All my concerns have put to bed.

1. Perfect size vehicle for me.
2. I like the taller stance on the coil suspension. This is a bit of a surprise to me. The car looks bigger, stronger, and less station wagon.
3. Another surprise to me is the P250 engine is quite punchy in the low end power band. Put it in sport and you get even more. This engine is more than adequate; hence, no need to test drive the bigger petrol engine.

I'm more than happy with my ordered P250 SE R-dynamic white/eclipse with 22" black wheels; don't copy me, lol. Too bad I didn't like the 5 in inventory.

·
Registered
534 Posts
See, told you! If this was a sports car I'd have a different opinion, but for the Velar, the P250 is great. The standard suspension looks better in person than in photos as well. You can always lower it later if you choose. That white/black/eclipse is gonna look awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts