Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so people say when you start the journey of choosing your Velar, you keep going up on the spec sheet and that soon enough you get a very high spec Version because, well, why not....

At first I thought I would be able to "control myself" and keep it to a very reasonable spec - in the end these are already a very nice spec in the base form (I am in the UK by the way).

So initially I went in to check the base model, soon enough realised it had to be a S version because of the Sat Nav.

So started spec'ing several cars/and basically read the pricing spec brochure from the website about 5-6 times, back to front, ended up knowing prices of optionals by heart (I know it is sad :lol: )

I then decided to go ahead and place my order, stock car and due to arrive in a week (Yay! at least I thought...) The spec was the one below:

Initial Spec
R-Dynamic SE P250
Corris Grey
Black Contrast Roof
R-dynamic Black Pack
Sliding Pan Roof
Light Oyster Interior
Privacy Glass
20" 10 Spoke Style 1032 with Satin Dark Grey finish
Rear seat remote release
Illuminated scuff plate
Illuminated treadplates
Premium Carpet Mats
Chrome IP END CAP
Side Window sunshades

To my surprise two days later the dealer called me to say a big mess up had happened and the car was already sold and delivered :!: :!: :oops:

Oh well, there I was again to decide on another model. The first order I thought was spot on.

I then went in, and after looking at several options decided on the following spec and vehicle:

"Second order"

Velar HSE D240
Santorini Black
Light Oyster Interior
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Premium Carpet Mats
Side Window sunshades

At this time I thought, maybe I go top spec, it will hold value well and this was a good option available - it wasn't R-dynamic and didn't have the desing pack...

Fast forward a week and the car arrived, and guess what? Everyone's opinion is right, the car in black loses some of its appeal.... and honestly, nevermind it in black without r-dynamic or design pack - the car didn't do anything for me....It just looked really "dull"

Honestly, really dull....

I went in one day and again next day, and had a chat with my dealer, and having bought a few cars from them in the previous years they were very understanding. I then decided to "walk away" from the deal and check whether I could find an option that will tick all the boxes.

And I believe I did find a winner. The car is ordered and pick up is scheduled for next week.

Final spec :shock: :roll: :oops: :lol: :!:
R-dynamic D240 SE
Corris Grey
Electronic Air Suspension
21" 10 Spoke 1033 in satin grey
Oyster/Ebony interior
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Black contrast Roof
Configurable ambient light
Privacy Glass
Electric adj steering column
Premium Carpet Mats
Rear window sunshade
Terrain Response 2
All Terrain Progress Control

So that is it, now counting minutes for the delivery.

What do you guys think of the journey? Good choice in the end?

·
Registered
51 Posts
My motto is everything happens for a reason, and I live by the old saying 'if its not meant to be, its not meant to be'
Personally, I think the final spec you've chosen is a great choice and I'm sure it will be love at first sight!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ditto, you will love it.

Arianne

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sounds like a good choice to me! Final spec looks fantastic.

I agree black can look dull, especially without the dynamic package. I'm finally just now in love with how mine (R-Dynamic) looks...had to have some 'work' done recently to get it where I wanted it.

I'm telling you...spec is important with these cars. I've seen some Velars that look as cheap and uninspired as the Disco Sport...and for these prices that's not ok!

·
Registered
534 Posts
velofixed said:
New spec sounds amazing and definitely the right call over the HSE

KRG - can I assume you got the wrap done? Any pics?
I did, but I haven't had time to properly detail it and get some good pics. I planned to do it all tomorrow but now it looks like it's going to rain all day. Oh well. I'll get some soon. Here's a couple crappy ones...I had all the lower grey trim and the silver rear bumper trim wrapped in black; I left only the stripe. I like the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
mavg1986 said:
looks very smart, good idea about wrapping, is it much cheaper than painting?
I paid $500 USD which seemed reasonable, and it was done the same day I dropped it off. I assume painting would've been more expensive, have more risk involved, and take longer. Plus it's removable and protects the factory paint along the bottom of the car which is nice.

Get your car yet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for sharing and great photos! I have my black P250 HSE R-dynamic arriving in Jan and agree I don't like the grey lower trim.

Is wrapping for areas like the lower trim commonly available? Does it fade or wear easily with driving and washing? Would be interested to know more!

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Spec is VERY IMPORTANT for these cars. As someone else said above, i have seen Velars which just look uninspiring... and then i have seen ones that look AMAZING.

I believe as a must, you NEED to get the R Dynamic Pack. It totally transforms the look.

And just a reminder to all new Velar owners.... only the P380 and D300 get the Exhaust Tips on the rear also which finishes off the rear nicely.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't really care about the exhaust tips. The clean look with none kind of goes with the modern style. Reminds me of a Tesla or other electric cars. That said, they do look nice and finish the car off nicely.

I love R-Dynamic though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update!!!Update!!

The car is at the dealership, arrived today!! Just to re-cap the spec:

R-dynamic D240 SE
Corris Grey
Electronic Air Suspension
21" 10 Spoke 1033 in satin grey
Oyster/Ebony interior
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Black contrast Roof
Configurable ambient light
Privacy Glass
Electric adj steering column
Premium Carpet Mats
Side window sunshade
Terrain Response 2

I have now asked them to add:

Click and Go base and Click and Hang
Rear tailgate sunshade
Loadspace Luxury carpet Mat
Rubber Mats
Dog guard

And omg, does the car look amazing!!!I am really pleased with the colour combo and spec I went for.

For my taste it looks really nice the Corris Grey, suits the car very well indeed

The car has 33 miles on the clock, is that the normal mileage you expect?

My last couple new cars had around 11 to 16 miles :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts