Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New here and never owned a RR before (or any car over £25k) so very excited to have ordered the Velar.

I need to lock in all my option choices by next Tuesday 12th so running out of time :eek:

I have ordered the following car Velar R-DYNAMIC SE D240 in Carpathian Grey with Black Pack and Black Contrast Roof. We saw the colour on a car at the showroom and thought it looked great so paying a premium for that.

The main issue I have is which interior colour leather - we're going for grained leather and probably not the extended leather options. I initially wanted Acorn so that it looked a bit special compared with a black interior on a dark grey (very close to black) car and the oyster scared me too much to try and keep it clean, my wife was never on board with the Acorn but I had overruled until we ordered and the salesman talked me out of it as he said it was a very rare colour choice and, in his experience, he didn't think it would look right with the Carpathian Grey.

Does anyone else have any opinions on how Acorn would work with Carpathian Grey? Or even some pictures would be amazing, but assume this is probably unlikely with C Grey being a premium metallic option.

Many thanks in advance

Cp

·
Registered
72 Posts
We are just changing our Red Disco Sport (with Walnut interior) so similar to what you're spec'ing.
I think it works well with the Red.

We've gone for Eclipses blue/black internally on our Velar (Silicon Silver)
I'd probably agree with the dealership that a darker colour car with light interior would be an odd marriage.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went the light oyser/ebony extended leather with my Carpathian Grey I picked up on Monday and I really like it and think it works well. The only thing I may have changed is the door finisher from the aluminium (it's lighter than the configurator shows) to a black colour.

Echo other peoples thoughts though on going for the extended leather.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Carbon door finisher looks amazing!

·
Registered
421 Posts
It looks a odd tbh. Maybe just wrapping them will help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
garymontague said:
mge.92 said:
The Carbon door finisher looks amazing!
Yeah, I wish I had gone darker although the aluminium isn't too bad - what do think about the aluminium on my finish?

Anyway to change the finishers now at all?
the aluminium looks fine! Its such a small section that i hadn't really noticed it. No need to change to pay more for it unless someone is going for a complete back finish for example. Also whilst extended leather is clearly better the standard option, especially in oyster/ebony still looks awesome. I actually like the cross pattern of the material.

·
Registered
126 Posts
bidup247 said:
Hi all,

New here and never owned a RR before (or any car over £25k) so very excited to have ordered the Velar.

I need to lock in all my option choices by next Tuesday 12th so running out of time :eek:

I have ordered the following car Velar R-DYNAMIC SE D240 in Carpathian Grey with Black Pack and Black Contrast Roof. We saw the colour on a car at the showroom and thought it looked great so paying a premium for that.

The main issue I have is which interior colour leather - we're going for grained leather and probably not the extended leather options. I initially wanted Acorn so that it looked a bit special compared with a black interior on a dark grey (very close to black) car and the oyster scared me too much to try and keep it clean, my wife was never on board with the Acorn but I had overruled until we ordered and the salesman talked me out of it as he said it was a very rare colour choice and, in his experience, he didn't think it would look right with the Carpathian Grey.

Does anyone else have any opinions on how Acorn would work with Carpathian Grey? Or even some pictures would be amazing, but assume this is probably unlikely with C Grey being a premium metallic option.

Many thanks in advance

Cp
have you considered not the black roof as may not show up against the Carpathian grey? Saves you some money to spend on say the extended leather instead. Also love the copper accents so not a fan of the black pack but if you are going for that look then can see why you would want it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bidup247 said:
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance

Cp
I would HIGHLY recommend going with the extended leather option (not the full extended one) for the additional premium -- the duo-tone steering wheel looks great and the leather instrument panel looks even better. Since Carpathian Grey is so dark perhaps swap out either the black pack or black roof for the extended leather option as they are about the same in cost. Have you considered going with an Eclipse/Ebony interior?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the opinions guys. You've persuaded me to leave the Acorn interior and stick with the Ebony - I'd love the Light oyster, but feel that with a young family and giving lift to other kids etc, that the Oyster could end up looking pretty dirty quite quickly - didn't really like the two cloth interiors when I saw one in a showroom, prefer the all leather options, so looks like it's Ebony.

And it sounds like I've no option but to get the Extended Leather interior based on your advice so that has been added ;)

Black Pack - I really don't want to drop this one as I'm not actually a fan of the copper accents (don't shoot me! each to their own) and I also much refer the rear end all black too.

Black contrast roof - I've left this on for now too as I think/hope the roof rails will blend in better to the black roof and there will be a nice contrast, admittedly very subtle, between the C Grey and the roof and other black parts of the car. It is very difficult though, having to rely on the rendered images on the configurator, would love to see pics/video or C Grey with and without black roof, but appreciate that's very unlikely before next Tuesday!

Thanks again for your input :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi - Just collected my Velar HSE D300 R-Dynamic, was not originally going for ebony and oyster - but very pleased with combination lightens up interior and goes well with Carpathian Grey and the black roof and black pack - the trim is grand black veneer and looks great - The car has been named the batmobile!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Batman said:
Hi - Just collected my Velar HSE D300 R-Dynamic, was not originally going for ebony and oyster - but very pleased with combination lightens up interior and goes well with Carpathian Grey and the black roof and black pack - the trim is grand black veneer and looks great - The car has been named the batmobile!!
Sounds great - any chance of some pics? ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi - Yes the Batmobile - wheels are style 1033 - 21insh gloss black and when looking at all the wheels offered these to me were a no-brainer.
Was going grey but the balance with roof said BLACK!!
Went out in a Velar with black and blue interior but felt it did not enhance all the ambience - l was against ebony and black but feel magic inside when we have the grand kids think covers will be on back seat.
Having had Landrovers for many years love the short window height and very new experience.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.