Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and wanted say hello to everyone.

This week i will place order to Velar and have a problem with taking decision with engine.

Now I have audi a5 with 2.0 tfsi 225 km and it's really nice engine and this power is enough for me.

So i'm considering P300 but i'm afraid that v4 engine is to small to such big car like Velar. So I started to think about D300. I was driving Velar with this engine ant it's really great.

The problem is that price diffrence between this two in Poland is enormous because of tax (over 20% of car Price). So taking D300 i will have to resign from such things like Glass roof, 21 wheels, black roof etc.

What do You think about this? Is P300 enough for Velar and will give same satisfaction from driving as D300? Or Velar with bigger engine is something really worth resigning from better equipment?

·
Registered
74 Posts
why do you consider the P300 is less powerfull?
they have the same max power output, P300 is lighter
time for 0-100 is better top speed is a little bit under

ok it has less torque , but still has a lot for a petrol engine
these new v4 engine are completely different from old ones and are probably
the most innovative at the moment (volvo is delivering 350 horse power with their new v4 2l engines and they are great too)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for reply!

peterd - I know that this two engines P300 and D300 are similar when you compare time for 0-100 and max speed, but I'm thinking about work culture of this two engines and satisfaction from driving. I was driving D300 Velar and I had a smile on my face during this drive, this engine was awesome:). I don't have a chance to try P300 or P250 drive...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I received my P250 3 weeks ago, and I can tell you it is very pleasant to drive. Not feeling to miss power at all, so P300 would be perfect. Just one point : I drive nearly only in city, and with traffic I am around 13,5/14 l/100km, far from the consumption from JLR (they say 9,1 l/100km). That's maybe the only advantage of choosing D300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts