Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized i want to put a bike rack on back of car using a hitch. I didn't get the hitch option with car. Landrover is telling me installed it's $3200 to do! wow! On the other hand, I did get the crossbars and they are only $350 pretty good deal. But I need the hitch! Ugh.

Anyone know of any alternatives?

·
Registered
91 Posts
When the Tow bar is specified from new and fitted in the factory, in some cases this can involve a slightly different exhaust system to be fitted, so it may not be just a case of bolting the tow bar under the car, there could be more modifications involved under the skin

·
Registered
103 Posts
The standard hitch makers have not come out with a hitch for the Velar yet that I can find. That said it is only a matter of time before they do. Once that happens the price will come WAY down.

Curt Manufacturing for example has a receiver hitch for the Evoque that is $181 and the RR Sport has a receiver hitch is $240. Add in the $100 or so for the ball mount and you are well shy of the dealer cost.

My Velar has not been built yet and was going to add the hitch but after looking into the prices of aftermarket units I think I will wait.

G

·
Cloudniner said:
I bought a Velar off the lot with no hitch. I asked to have a hitch put on before pick up and it cost $2195 CDN. Excellent piece of kit that included a new rear under bumper piece.
Same thing here, albeit a bit cheaper on my unit - I am a bit of a grinder on price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.