Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after ordering on march 2nd...and enduring a long summer wait! the new car was finaly delivered this week!. Fist 150 miles completed and she is truly amazing ! drives beautifuly build finish is great only two things to grumble about...

1/ No CD player!
2/screens and computer things are going to take a long time for me to master. !

That said im very happy with my choice of car and the colour is perfect. (chose red because I dont like silver or black and white and JLR seeem to have a fixation with those colours and the choice was very limited)..
replaced Discovery 4 HSE with the velar after looking at the Jaguar F Pace and Discovery Sport.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ah, Kingsferry Bridge. Iconic.

And a nice car, by the way. TBH, yours is the very first Velar I have actually liked in red. I like it because of the configuration being simple as the Norway test cars didn't look right to my eye in red with all of the extra body kit. Beauty is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder!

Anyway, enjoy. Go easy descending the southbound ramp of the new bridge this Autumn in the fog as you know what happened a few years back! And say hello to sunny Sittingbourne for me. It's where I got married and lived for ten years until we moved to the beautiful Scottish Borders - beautiful except that the sun doesn't shine as much as in Kent!

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
15 Posts
"yours is the very first Velar I have actually liked in red. I like it because of the configuration being simple as the Norway test cars didn't look right to my eye in red with all of the extra body kit. Beauty is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder!"

Thank you Arianne I wanted one with the red Roof not black and more silver lettering wheels and front grill on it instead of the black pack. Albeit the best colour from a poor paint pot selection! Im pleased with it now its here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lovely and nice to see the 19" wheels represented - bet they are comfy. Gives if more of a classic 4x4 look I think.

What's the spec otherwise - diesel S?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Velofixed, I went for the 180 diesel S with a number of gadgets ( ie suround cameras ) the engine is more than enough and altho i did look at larger engine im glad that I went for the 180. I didnt see the need or the point of the larger wheels and i liked the silver look of them rather than black.

yes id agree with you she has a more classic 4x4 RR and has the look a newer version of the 1980s range rover !

·
Registered
15 Posts
To reply to queries yes all the photos are of my car taken in Kent this last couple of day between Gillingham to Canterbury.

I bought it from Beadles Sidcup (my 4th LR from them since 2010) as usual I received excelent attention and help chosing the new car and I am happy to reccomend Beadles & the Sales Team & Local Business Development Manager .

·
Registered
558 Posts
Although we have a Firenze red Evoque which wi love the colour of and had decided the same for the Velar, we had changed our mind and settled for corris grey..... however I'm not so sure now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks for comments. Milky400 I do love the red im glad I chose it now...it appears to be 3 colours ! in dark weather its a deep dark "moody" red, in bright sunshine its a lighter sparkly mettalic red and in nore normal daylight a dark red...i usualy have blue or green cars!

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
You're not helping........ Confirming final choices tomorrow morning and thought we had made our mind up....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have managed now to get her muddy! At the Ploughing match and horse show saturday in the heavy rain Still I can confirm the mud and snow setting works brilliantly!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts