Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Release notes are attached.

4X4I SCREEN
  • The screen will show the correct pitch and roll angle of the vehicle
APPLE CARPLAY
  • Turn by turn voice guidance will now work in Apple CarPlay Maps
INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER CONTROL MODULE B (IPCB)
  • When playing FM radio source the IPCB will no longer show a Gray background
COMPASS VIEW
  • The north indicator "N" in compass view will be updated when there is a theme change
HOTSPOT CONNECTIVITY
  • Improved stability of Hotspot functionality
DVD
  • Improved stability of DVD functionality
ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGING
  • Charging port will flash green instead of blue when charging
MEDIA PLAYER
  • Album art is now available in media library
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
  • Improved stability of Steering wheel control functionality after using rear media feature
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT (RSE)
  • Video can now be played on both rear screens at the same time
  • In the rear right screen, the text for passenger and driver seats are no longer swapped in German
SELF-LEARNING CAR
  • Improved stability of self learning car mode
SETTINGS
  • In the Chattanooga region in USA near the Eastern/Central time zone border the infotainment time is now no longer 1 hour behind in Auto mode
  • Telematic Control Unit Module (TCU) installation popup will no longer display message in English while the language is set to Chinese
SYSTEM
  • Improved stability on start up
TIMED CLIMATE
  • Timed climate icon will no longer appear on Interactive Display Module 'A' (IDMA) while vehicle is in motion

Attachments

·
Registered
MY18 D240 R-Dynamic S
7 Posts

4X4I SCREEN
APPLE CARPLAY
COMPASS VIEW
  • The north indicator "N" in compass view will be updated when there is a theme change
HOTSPOT CONNECTIVITY
DVD
MEDIA PLAYER
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
  • Improved stability of Steering wheel control functionality after using rear media feature
  • In the rear right screen, the text for passenger and driver seats are no longer swapped in German
SELF-LEARNING CAR
SETTINGS
  • In the Chattanooga region in USA near the Eastern/Central time zone border the infotainment time is now no longer 1 hour behind in Auto mode
  • Telematic Control Unit Module (TCU) installation popup will no longer display message in English while the language is set to Chinese
SYSTEM
TIMED CLIMATE
  • Timed climate icon will no longer appear on Interactive Display Module 'A' (IDMA) while vehicle is in motion
Thanks for sharing. I have 21A and have tried an update but notification says I am ‘up to date’

also, I cannot wirelessly connect to Apple CarPlay. Isn’t this now available in 21A/B?

Tried everything. No joy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I have 21A and have tried an update but notification says I am ‘up to date’

also, I cannot wirelessly connect to Apple CarPlay. Isn’t this now available in 21A/B?

Tried everything. No joy.
Wireless CarPlay only available in MY 21 onwards… sorry!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Damn that is a disaster!

so it’s a hardware upgrade rather than software then clearly?

wireless dongle it is then!
I am only going off JLR announcement that wireless Carplay was coming in version OS3 for PiviPro for MY21 onwards.

·
Registered
223 Posts

4X4I SCREEN
APPLE CARPLAY
COMPASS VIEW
HOTSPOT CONNECTIVITY
DVD
MEDIA PLAYER
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
SELF-LEARNING CAR
SETTINGS
SYSTEM
TIMED CLIMATE
My velar had this Infotainment Software update today and I now have sound restored on turn by turn navigation on Google and Waze. It is unacceptable that JLR have taken months to provide this upgrade and they should be more proactive in providing faster upgrades when phones do similar.
S21B_21.37.2-778242. 25/11/21

·
Registered
136 Posts
Roll out is very clearly based on regions. Australia being at the end of the line as per. I live in hope that the 21B enables wireless CarPlay. There’s no evidence that it’s a hardware (MY21>) only feature unless someone can confirm this?
Can only pass on what was released by JLR on the long email that was sent out: for Pivi Pro and MY21 onwards a OS3 will be released soon that will enable wireless CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

Many have already got the update and reporting its working well.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nothing for me yet, car is 3 weeks old and as in all new cars I have no version number.
This is an update to older, pre pivi-pro cars. I hope you don’t see it on your car!

Reactions: JDPRRUK
1 - 18 of 18 Posts