Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, took delivery of my SE P250 Byron Blue , Dark grey wheels and Eclipse/black interior on 22 Sept.
love it, drives really well. still working out all the gadgetry and have an issue in that they managed to leave off the rear heated seats I ordered :( . Negotiating on the solution for that with dealer.
So far haven't been able to log in the navigation for some reason, waiting on a call about that.
Also can't get the gesture tailgate to open, anyone else have that problem?
Not the best start but will persevere and keep you informed of progress.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome iansmair. Your spec sounds great, don't see many Byron blue velars mentioned on here.

Pls post pics when you can.

Shame about those niggles. I only get the gesture tailgate to open when standing from the side of the car and with a quick kicking motion. Works about 20% of the time... wonder if the car also needs to be unlocked or have the key within range or something... who knows.

My wife and I suspect it's just a gimmick to make us all look a bit silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's like having a nervous tick in your leg trying to get the gesture boot to work.

So far managed it once in two weeks 🤣

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well finally got the issue of the missing heated seats sorted. They've ordered a new one for delivery dec/jan. So I'm keeping it for now and then swap for a new one when it arrives.
Happy with that :D :D
Still cant get gesture tailgate to work and neither could the salesman. Good job didn't pay extra for that :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great result! Are you keeping the rest of the spec exactly the same?

·
Registered
843 Posts
iansmair said:
Well finally got the issue of the missing heated seats sorted. They've ordered a new one for delivery dec/jan. So I'm keeping it for now and then swap for a new one when it arrives.
Happy with that :D :D
Still cant get gesture tailgate to work and neither could the salesman. Good job didn't pay extra for that :(
Glad that's resolved!

Re: the gesture tailgate, try a slow 1-2 second kicking motion up/back down from the rear corner so you're not in the way of the tailgate opening. So far I've found a slow and steady kick does the trick whereas when I do a fast kick or stand more towards the rear vs. corner rear, it doesn't register.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Kieran same spec, I love the colour combination.
P380NarvikEclypse thanks for the tip, do you kick under the car or beside it?
Btw had a P380 for an afternoon before I got mine, fantastic engine but with uk gas prices what they are decided to stick with the P250. Very impressed so far :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
iansmair said:
Yes Kieran same spec, I love the colour combination.
P380NarvikEclypse thanks for the tip, do you kick under the car or beside it?
Btw had a P380 for an afternoon before I got mine, fantastic engine but with uk gas prices what they are decided to stick with the P250. Very impressed so far :)
No problem! Kick so that your foot ends up under the corner of the car and then comes back down in one smooth motion. Once you get the swing of it (pun totally intended), you'll have it down for good. I also discovered it will close the hatch too yesterday. The P380 is great, though it definitely isn't the most eco friendly, especially if you're a city dweller. Glad you like the P250! Heard great things so far.

Jake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, picked up the new replacement this morning. All seems good so far, got the heated rear seats and the tailgate kick thing worked first time open and close. Result! They also got the tracker added for me and didn't charge for that either. One happy bunny! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts