Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I ordered a Velar HSE Dynamic D200 around 3 weeks ago from Guy Salmon Coventry.

I've been quoted a delivery date of 28/10/2021.

Has anyone else has been quoted a delivery date over 4 months from placing their order, or has anyone received their vehicle in a shorter timeframe?

I'm aware of the computer chips shortages but I was under the impression that the Solihull Production wasn't effected.

Thanks,

Mohs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Ordered a P400e in the early january. Eta is august….
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I placed my order for P400 R-Dynamic HSE back in January. Original delivery date was June, then it quickly moved to September. I got delivery in Mid May.

Original delay was due to the Paint being an SVO paint, Satin British Racing Green and it would be painted in the SVO factory. They'd got some problems there due to Covid restrictions but that changed quickly when the Boris' road map went into place.

And it was well worth the wait, pics taken during cycle ride around NC500
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I ordered a P250 edition with a few additional options in mid May, and it was initially suggested delivery would be end of July. That soon slipped to "September sometime," due to the global chip shortage issue. I'm guessing being told "September sometime" means it could slip further, as they're not committing to any dates (at least to me anyway)

I've seen a few brand new Velars, with good specs, available in a few dealers across the country, so I'm looking at those as an other option for me - e.g. cancel the order, and buy one brand from a dealer who has one in stock for immediate delivery, just much further away, as I'm impatient! (most of these vehicles seem to be in Scotland from what I have seen)

Separately, I saw in the news today the Defender and Discovery production have been paused for a period of time from now onwards, due to the chip issue, so I wonder if at some stage it'll pass through to the Velar production line...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke to my neighbour who works at the Solihull plant, he said production has basically stopped and when the parts that are causing the delays come in, they are prioritising RR and RRS as they make more money….
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I have been lurking on this forum, while i await the delivery of my new p400e. I must say i'm scared shitless reading about all these problems you guys have. And the poor support from JLR. I wonder if it was a mistake to sell my supernice Audi A6 allroad and go to these poorly made (?) and unreliable pices of sh**? Please tell me otherwise...

Edit:moved this to another tread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
At the SMMT conference yesterday the head of the largest Aluminium producer in the UK (who could go bust at anytime )spoke of the difficulties in producing and supply. This does not bode well for JLR as most if not all models are built of Aluminium so delivery times could well go out even further than December quoted recently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
smithyblade said:
I placed my order for P400 R-Dynamic HSE back in January. Original delivery date was June, then it quickly moved to September. I got delivery in Mid May.

Original delay was due to the Paint being an SVO paint, Satin British Racing Green and it would be painted in the SVO factory. They'd got some problems there due to Covid restrictions but that changed quickly when the Boris' road map went into place.

And it was well worth the wait, pics taken during cycle ride around NC500
Cool colour, interesting upper image. How did you make the Velar an Evoque? 🤔😂😂
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Joe said:
smithyblade said:
I placed my order for P400 R-Dynamic HSE back in January. Original delivery date was June, then it quickly moved to September. I got delivery in Mid May.

Original delay was due to the Paint being an SVO paint, Satin British Racing Green and it would be painted in the SVO factory. They'd got some problems there due to Covid restrictions but that changed quickly when the Boris' road map went into place.

And it was well worth the wait, pics taken during cycle ride around NC500
Cool colour, interesting upper image. How did you make the Velar an Evoque? 🤔😂😂
Ha ha that was my mate's photo, playing around with the photo sizing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Ordered a P400 back in May and was told that handover would likely be around early August. That later changed to early Sept.

Got a call today from the dealer who said that due to the silicon shortage, if we wanted the build slot allocated for a November handover (yep.....he just slipped in another 2 month delay in the conversation probably hoping I wouldn't pickup on it) then I had to remove the Technology Pack from the spec because "...there are capacity constraints, as a result of the silicon shortages, with the HUD option" (which forms part of the Technology Pack here in the UK).

If I don't remove the HUD from the spec then essentially I will need to wait for the next MY model which will likely be around March 2022. If I want to keep the slot then I need to do without the HUD option.

I personally don't have much confidence that they will meet the Nov handover date even if I do remove the HUD but essentially there is an issue across potentially all models and manufacturers dues the silicon shortages.

What to do???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
From what I read in the electronics manufacturing related news this could go on for quite a while.
Covid shutdowns last year, poor predictions for demand and stop/start manufacturing has caused delays in all sorts of industries, not just automotive.
Some here may work in electronics industries and might have seen huge lead times in all sorts of electronic components, not just semiconductors.
(In some cases for components I've seen 8 month delivery lead times quoted).

It'll affect deliveries and may have a worse effect when selecting some options which use single-source suppliers.
So, on this occasion, we can't blame JLR. It's mostly the fault of a tiny little virus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got an email today about the HUD as well.

They said you have to remove it otherwise I won't be able to get a car for November handover.

I wonder if it's possible to get it retrofitted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
SheikhMohs said:
I got an email today about the HUD as well.

They said you have to remove it otherwise I won't be able to get a car for November handover.

I wonder if it's possible to get it retrofitted?
Realistically it's not possible to retrofit. Did they say how long you would have to wait if you wanted the HUD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
riccis said:
SheikhMohs said:
I got an email today about the HUD as well.

They said you have to remove it otherwise I won't be able to get a car for November handover.

I wonder if it's possible to get it retrofitted?
Realistically it's not possible to retrofit. Did they say how long you would have to wait if you wanted the HUD?
Just spoke to my dealer again as I had to confirm by end of today whether to proceed without the HUD. I asked the question when it may be available and he said that currently it won't be available until at least the next model build (March 2022) but said that there is a chance that come that model build JLR may decide to remove it as an option altogether in which case I would have doubled my wait and still not have it.

I can't see it being deleted as an option although they may increase the price significantly or add it as part of a pack only.

I've gone ahead now with the order without the HUD :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
In MY21 they removed the Steering Assist as part of Driving Assist. This has previously been available for years. Also, Mercedes stopped offering a HUD even as part of a package on the C & E Class and now their configurator warns against various 'services' etc may be restricted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I see this topic popping up in this page, Anyone has more info about the new model that should be available March 2022?
I only see limited info online and interested if it is worth waiting for (e.g ordered a p400e HSE with expected delivery in oktober)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I placed an order for D300 R Dynamic HSE and was told estimated delivery would be for September. Received email today Informing me that the build slot has been pulled and new estimated delivery date is
November/December, but no guarantee on this date.
Did I read that a new model will be available in March 2022?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I thought the new 2022 model was for the FFRR not the Velar. Probably wrong, but after having the upgrade in MY2021 another in 2022 sounds ambitious not long after the FFRR and electric version.
 
1 - 20 of 466 Posts
Top