Range Rover Velar Forum banner
441 - 460 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you had any update on your build?

Mine is due to be built this coming Friday. Fingers crossed - although I’m not going to check in on this until a week tomorrow as away at the weekend anyway.
You should be fine, mine was built as per expectation last week with a 19th Nov Build date, transit to dealer. 3rd Decemeber handover according to dealer is their “worst case scenario” and thinks they should have it by the end of this week for beginning of next week handover. They seem to be coming out on time now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You should be fine, mine was built as per expectation last week with a 19th Nov Build date, transit to dealer. 3rd Decemeber handover according to dealer is their “worst case scenario” and thinks they should have it by the end of this week for beginning of next week handover. They seem to be coming out on time now.
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great news, cheers. Did your dealer let you know of progress or did you contact for an update?

If mine does get built this week and all goes to plan, then I suspect it would be ready mid December. I have a car on subscription till 22nd December at present.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think it depends on the logistics for delivery to dealer. Mine was built and completed 16th Nov but likely arrival at Dealer (West Yorkshire) is 3rd December.

Reactions: senwar

·
Registered
69 Posts
On my Vista it says Delivery Date 17th December but accepted handover 10th December. I've actually got 17th December off from work for something already so would be happy with that to be honest as would tie in with date I have car on subscription to as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great news, cheers. Did your dealer let you know of progress or did you contact for an update?

If mine does get built this week and all goes to plan, then I suspect it would be ready mid December. I have a car on subscription till 22nd December at present.
I contacted about private reg assignment, that's when he told me car should be with them before 3rd December. However that has accelerated even further now with him saying today car is due in with them imminently and what days can I do end of this week. Caught me completely off guard. With a build date of 19th Nov wasn't expecting it until December! :oops: If it was built on 19th thats only 4 days transit to dealer. Guess it just depends on logistics. No complaints here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I contacted about private reg assignment, that's when he told me car should be with them before 3rd December. However that has accelerated even further now with him saying today car is due in with them imminently and what days can I do end of this week. Caught me completely off guard. With a build date of 19th Nov wasn't expecting it until December! :oops: If it was built on 19th thats only 4 days transit to dealer. Guess it just depends on logistics. No complaints here.
Blimey! Good stuff!

Enjoy

·
Registered
111 Posts
yes enjoy you deserve it

·
Registered
111 Posts
No offenc
finally arrived !!!! total black "Edition " 2021 !! and fortunately complete with everything, including 3D camera...(ordered early June)
E but god knows how you got the 3d camera mine was taken off my order, and I still have no car yet ordered April. Seems no rhyme or reason in land rovers builds

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wonder if the basis of payment is effecting the order of manufacture / delivery. Are they prioritising one basis of payment over another ? - is cash different to JLR lease or JLR Finance or PCP or external finance or external leases. I haven’t heard anything but wonder if there has been a trend

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wonder if the basis of payment is effecting the order of manufacture / delivery. Are they prioritising one basis of payment over another ? - is cash different to JLR lease or JLR Finance or PCP or external finance or external leases. I haven’t heard anything but wonder if there has been a trend
That would be a good idea to find out as there has been no good reasoning to this erratic behaviour over orders, some having hud 3d camera and parking aid removed. Then deflated and moved over to a my22 car less speckled with no refund for missing items and then others getting everything on as ordered and quicker mad as

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it is. The internal memo that was on here earlier stated that they were prioritising customer orders which in my mind would mean putting ahead of lease, company vehicles etc not sure if they broke that down further into type of payment though. I suppose if that was the case PCP would be top of the list.

·
Registered
43 Posts
some dealerships order cars to make a budget, if the order is not fulfilled and they have requests, they can change the order (same model of course), and therefore have it first ... For accessories I don't know, I find it strange that the dealership is in able to know that some details are missing even before the car goes into production! it could be that special versions such as the Edition, being special versions, use the accessories, or it simply depends on the availability of the components when the car goes into production

·
Registered
111 Posts
Being an ex JLR employee who worked in the HQ, I can confirm they were focusing on cars that were more profitable, it was very much focused production.
I don't so much mind that but you expect to get what's on order, just because they move you to a my22 model should not mean you loose the accessories that were on your initial order. With no recompense

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Planned on lurking on the forum until my order arrives, but figured I'd throw in some comms I had from the dealership. Probably not new information to most, but thought it might be useful to some.

Short version, my D200 Edition was due to land with the dealership Nov 2nd, and has been getting knocked back in 1 week increments (now 3rd Dec). Obviously frustrating, but after querying it further, was told that the car is mostly built, but sporadic and often smaller-than-expected semiconductor deliveries to the factory has meant many cars are in a sort of holding pattern until they arrive. Car has a VIN, etc, but without those final parts, the estimated date is effectively useless.

Small mercy in that it's still being built as a MY21 spec, 3D camera, etc, but I suppose I'll believe it when it finally arrives. Hopefully not long now.

441 - 460 of 466 Posts