Range Rover Velar Forum banner
561 - 580 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my Velar P400e back in May. A month ago they told me it was delayed untill november 2022. So I cancelled my order and imported another Velar from Sweden. Very happy with it!
Oh wow, glad you've got one now. I'm hoping mine won't be delayed again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We're paying what, 50k+ easy for these cars, do we get any money off the list price or refunded if already ordered because the loss of a digital dash? Surely they should knock some sort of money off. If we wanted it as a option we would have to pay for it so surely...?

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
34 Posts
When I rung the dealership to ask on all of this. Even though they confirmed the car should be coming with the digital dash, I asked what is my position if it arrives with an analog dash?

The response over the phone was quite literally "well you take the car" or I can cancel the order on the day of collection. But he was blunt about it and said it isnt an issue if I do that. They'd had someone come the week before and refuse a Velar and they sold it to someone else the same day. They aren't arsed in the slightest.

There's loads missing from the Velars at the moment hardware wise, which is why they've thrown several software freebies in. I was looking at getting the Edition spec as I had added most of the additional options manually for an SE spec.

The Edition however adds bits that have been removed, so you'll be paying the price for the Edition but not refunded anything for the loss of all the optional extras they've now removed. Effectively you'll be paying for a SE spec but costing a Edition price. That's how I weighed it all up from comparing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So let me get this straight, if I order a edition Velar and they say to me, right Jamey, this, this, this and this has been removed from your car due to this reason, you are paying the same amount. How is this possible haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, pretty much. Unless it's an optional extra you've added, you'll obviously not have to pay for that. But if it comes as standard with the Edition, price will stay same, unless someone has been dealt with differently?

That's why it may be worth looking at the SE spec as you'd probably end up with the same car but saving some dollar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, pretty much. Unless it's an optional extra you've added, you'll obviously not have to pay for that. But if it comes as standard with the Edition, price will stay same, unless someone has been dealt with differently?

That's why it may be worth looking at the SE spec as you'd probably end up with the same car but saving some dollar
I was told the same, I'm losing the 3D camera and was told I could add it but it would cost more and I'd have to wait longer than the 6 months I'm already waiting. Decided I'd cope without it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been told if i want to order my car now ill be waiting 6 months. We all know that is not true, is it more like 10/14 months?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered in mid November, rang today for an update and was told I'll be getting an update for the build date in around a month or 2.

I'd suggest looking at what the edition comes with as standard and what you've added etc and compare it with other specs.

Items like the 3d surround sound system, 3d camera, gesture tailgate, wade sensors, front headlight washers, HUD display etc have all been removed, making some models an illogical choice to go for, as you'll be paying a HSE/Edition spec price but getting much less and not refunded for it.

JLR have been very cloak and dagger about this from reading the forums over these couple of months. They allow you to add whatever you want to your build, regardless of availability, you'll either get a phone call telling you that you need to remove it if you've added it manually, or they'll allow you to order a spec that comes with it but I won't have it on delivery. Whether you take the car or not isn't really an issue for them it seems!

In terms of estimation for delivery after order, that seems highly dependent on the model/spec you order. I've seen some delivery dates coming in earlier than expected and some being pushed till November 2022.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, being the Edition spec I'm not too sure what is getting cancelled off that list to start with. The only options I was going to add was the armrest being a cooler/heater, spare wheel and electric steering wheel adjustment. The items above, are they 100% getting removed? What you're saying makes complete sense and yes it is worth possible looking at a lower spec. The salesman kept going on about how If i just pay abit more i'm getting alot of spec for what I'm paying. I hope he was saying that NOT knowing i was going to get any of that! I Might drop down to r-dynamic SE then

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was in the exact same position as you are in now. I've added a lot of what the edition has, but things such as the parking pack, I was told to remove as I couldn't get the 3d camera and 3d surround sound.

I'd suggest comparing the SE spec and the Edition spec. There's a lot posted on here saying exactly what is not able to be obtained on new models for 2022 due to chip shortage. You'll find a lot of what comes as standard on the Edition which is above the SE, you can't get. If you'd have gone for a SE spec and tried adding bits the Edition has, you'd have been told you can't add them.

I'm assuming as people go for certain model trims, they don't really need to say as much on what's been removed opposed to if you've added it as optional extra. Bit naughty really.

Ultimately, I want with the SE spec and added some extra features to make up the price of what an Edition would have cost me, but I'm getting more for my money effectively.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've built a spec for spec car near enough, i took the fridge out and what not and got it down to £542 a month, that is with a 14k depo. The edition is £517 with a £14k depo. It comes down to what its worth in 4 years, the end value of the car. Se = 27 ish and the edition was 29 if memory serves me right... thats nearly 30k value loss in 4 years... mad

·
Registered
34 Posts
Depends how strong the car market is in 4 years. Issue at moment as well is, buying 2nd hand, if the market levels out, you'll lose £1000's in value anyway.

I've got my SE for £480pm with a £12k deposit. I got £7,500 discount due to my work, so that took it down a fair bit!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd be tempted to delay ordering if not full spec as per a few months ago. It may affect resale value later.
Ignore the implied value on that PCP configurator thing; the value will be what the market dictates at the appropriate time (and vehicle condition of course).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, understood. I'm currently waiting for the voucher to be sent out to me which could take a few weeks. After that I think I'm gonna put my order in and hope for the best. Hopefully when it comes to installing the clocks (which would be months away) they're digitals and not the ugly analogues

·
Registered
201 Posts
Some features are reserved for hi-spec standard and not available as options for lower spec. For example, some things that are standard on HSE are not available if you order an S or SE and try to spec up. This is sane across the range. Digital dash only available on Autobiography and HST on Evoque and cannot be ordered on SE or HSE.

Main features affected are digital dash,HUD, 360 cameras.

This is all detailed in threads on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine back in September and was due for delivery at end of Feb but at the moment has been confirmed to be built on 9th January. I’ve ordered the Velar Edition model and I haven’t been told anything is coming off the standard spec. Hope it stays like that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fingers crossed for you pal! Hopefully you get your digital dash. As people have said though maybe you would of been informed by now though

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
Depends how strong the car market is in 4 years. Issue at moment as well is, buying 2nd hand, if the market levels out, you'll lose £1000's in value anyway.

I've got my SE for £480pm with a £12k deposit. I got £7,500 discount due to my work, so that took it down a fair bit!
Is that the JLR voucher discount? Have they changed the % now? On 21MY it was 20% which is what I got. I remember when the Velar first came out it was £500 deposit and £250 a month on a HSE Dynamic… Ahhh the good days!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got 12.5% off which is the blue light/military discount. Seems I got that off any optional extras also which is pretty good!

£250pm, I wish! The Mrs A1 costs more than that per month!

561 - 580 of 602 Posts