Range Rover Velar Forum banner
761 - 777 of 777 Posts

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
114 Posts
I've ended up paying £1030 for the year, probably due to use being young and my partner being 24 herself. Hopefully next year it won't be as much!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
Hastings Direct were the cheapest a month ago, now they won’t even quote me. Ended up going with Admiral. I had a new claim on my lease car a few months ago which didn’t help and we’ve had a few Range Rover thefts in our locality recently. Paying £560 with my partner as a named driver. The quote from Hastings Direct previously was £420.
Wow! Bet you don’t live in Birmingham.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Heya finally my time for delivery has come !
6th of June and ordered in November 21.
Thank god spec has not changed and it still has the IDD 😀
Got a question though. They quoted me 199 for the autoglym ceramic protection do you thi k it's worth it or shall I do it with a proper valeter ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Heya finally my time for delivery has come !
6th of June and ordered in November 21.
Thank god spec has not changed and it still has the IDD 😀
Got a question though. They quoted me 199 for the autoglym ceramic protection do you thi k it's worth it or shall I do it with a proper valeter ?
It's not worth it. I would not trust any dealer to do the paint protection. Even though it's coming from the factory, it needs to be properly polished before the ceramic coating is applied. Also, the Autoglym coating is not as good as others and will only last around 2 years. Enjoy your new Velar. I love mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can I ask you to elaborate on that please? I m still confused.
I spoke with the dealership and they stated the company who does the paint protection is an external one. I seen their website and they actually have good critiques 🤐

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can I ask you to elaborate on that please? I m still confused.
I spoke with the dealership and they stated the company who does the paint protection is an external one. I seen their website and they actually have good critiques 🤐
Hi,
The Autoglym system is one that lasts about a year and so is expensive for that level of protection. If you are going to the trouble of ceramic coating talk directly to a good detailer who will explain that there are better coating systems out there such as Gtechniq which will last much longer. Also, the success of the coating depends on first having a good stage 1 polish. Don’t assume that the paint is perfect just because it’s straight out of the factory. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Even if the protection was really good - you are paying a dealer markup on something you can easily (and probably better) get done yourself. It may be more convenient but if it is costing (including the dealers markup) less than what professional dealers charge for proper protection then it won’t be as good. Ask the dealer or the company how long is the guarantee - if it’s only a year then it isn’t very good protection.
Also, ask how long the process will take - it should be longer than 1 day. As Richjess01 says, proper protection starts with a correction of the original paintwork and then applying the protection and then curing - can’t really be done in a day.

Reactions: st0lis1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wel peeps finally it is my day to collect the car tomorrow.
Ordered back in early November 2021.
Thankfully as mentioned earlier dealer sais no equipment changed IDD is still in the car.
As for the detailing package, I spoke with the company the dealer uses and they said its one of their cheaper 2-3 year protection packs.
I opted for is as for the price of 199 it was cheap.
I hope all goes well tomorrow, now only need to sort out the insurance!
🥳🥳🥳

·
Registered
30 Posts
So update is that after some minor issues at the dealership with the finance as they messed the contract, I collected the car.
Everything was as ordered IDD is there 😀
It is lovely nothing wrong with its externally or internally, however sad point......
The car went back to the dealership today as pre crash auto brake lane keep assist cruise control and adaptive cruise not working and had a yellow triangle on the dash...
I wish its something absolutely minor... or a glitch on the computers... but it isn't a good start to the day 😑😑😑

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello again.
All I will say is that I m crying and I am stressed way loads... 😭😭😭
So I picked up with the fault the car is at the dealership.
I m opening a new thread so that I won't bother you in this

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right so got the call that the car has been built as it says IDD though the dealer says he will not confirm until he has 'seen it with his own eyes' (not very comforting that, though he did say he received another two with IDD so it might be looking positive :rolleyes:)

It got built on the 7th June (3 days earlier than expected) and should be with the dealer end of next week. I can assume a 1 week turnaround so maybe pick up by the end of the month but again not holding my breathe

·
Registered
408 Posts
A friend has just been told that her car is built but cannot be released as the factory are awaiting some elements of the electric steering wheel adjustment. Just check with your dealer that is not the reason it is taking almost 2 weeks to get from the factory to the dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

just placed an order for a reasonably well spec’d Velar P400e SE. I’m still waiting for the official order to be confirmed but has been advised JLR’s initial delivery date is early Jan. I was expecting approx 9 months. Should I expect delays along the way or is 6months realistic?

Also, I think it’s worth mentioning I had to remove 360 camera as the order wasn’t being accepted with this additional feature (which I am absolutely gutted about).

761 - 777 of 777 Posts