Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just sold a Porsche GTS with a very good profit on the list. I have a deposit on a new RRS which is due in January. As an interim car I fancied a Velar and did some calling around and found a brand new and unregistered Velar D200 Edition in Santorini black (with the IDD) so I’ve paid a deposit and due to collect it next week.
Did lots of research on this forum which really helped in my decision making.
I had a new RRS HSE Dynamic back in 2017 and really likes the comfort and class of the interior so I’m really quite excited to get this.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It’s a wonderful car - enjoy. I have had a RRS HSE Luxury before and my Velar is equally as comfortable and prestige. I would say even better on the road.

Reactions: JRMUK

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was at the dealer I bought my car from the other day and the salesman I spoke to said they were now quoting 12 - 18 months for new cars. When did you order your RRS and is one of the upgraded models announced last month ? I hope you enjoy you’re interim car.

Reactions: JRMUK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was at the dealer I bought my car from the other day and the salesman I spoke to said they were now quoting 12 - 18 months for new cars. When did you order your RRS and is one of the upgraded models announced last month ? I hope you enjoy you’re interim car.
I called them yesterday and they had it in stock, I think it was a cancelled order.
I ordered my RRS about 4 weeks ago on the day it was announced and I was still quoted 8 months but that may slip a little.
Who knows, if I really like the Velar I might just flip the RRS and keep it👍🏻

·
Registered
408 Posts
You were really lucky to get a cancelled order. My dealer would love to be able to quote 8 months, that said the sales guy is a real straight old school salesman and so perhaps he is quoting 1 year+ to be safe and also that may have been on the new FF RR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered a new 2023 RRS on launch day and specked colour, options etc but heard nothing since.

The new RRS is starting to appear in dealers at one off events.
We have a launch event at my dealership next week that I’ve been invited too.

I placed my initial order, paid the deposit online and chose my delivery date, at that time I was given an order number in the 400’s. My local dealer then called a couple of days later and arranged a face to face with a salesman, he said my order date may slip but I’m cool with that as long as it’s not too long.

Tbh all I care about atm is the new Velar which I’m collecting next week and will post a couple of pics asap🤞🏻

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have a launch event at my dealership next week that I’ve been invited too.

I placed my initial order, paid the deposit online and chose my delivery date, at that time I was given an order number in the 400’s. My local dealer then called a couple of days later and arranged a face to face with a salesman, he said my order date may slip but I’m cool with that as long as it’s not too long.

Tbh all I care about atm is the new Velar which I’m collecting next week and will post a couple of pics asap🤞🏻
My dealer hasn't been in touch and i haven't paid a deposit or got invite to lauch event - im getting annoyed with my dealer :mad::mad::mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts