Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Newby here in the forum. I have owned a 2014 RRS and trading my F15 X5 for the Velar. I will buy on on a tighter budget therefore I am being very sensible on spec.

Basic questions at the moment as I can't find many pictures (apart from the ones on the website/build.

Does anyone have/ or have pictures of the combination:

Velar S in corris grey with 19 inch alloys in satin dark grey finish? Preferrably with privacy glass.

Also can't make up my mind on the seats whether to go with light oyster or light oyster with ebony suedecloth - whats is the consensus?

Finally just adding basics such as sliding roof, ambient lighting, iphone charger and connect, rear window shade, dog guard and heated steering wheels.

Appreciate comments but unfortunately I think I am set on the budget- would love other toys but not willing to spend more. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry dont have any pictures.

I personally like the contrast the oyster with ebony gives. Also in my view matches nicely with seat base and back etc. Sort of blends better.

Def in heated steering wheel misses loves it on our evoque. Also at least space saver spare wheel is a must in my opinion

Sliding roof yes as well as only a couple hundred more than the fixed one. They both add so much light and feel of space to cabin particularly for rear seat passengers.

Off road pack as well ?

·
Registered
558 Posts
We were also on a tight budget and started with basic, ended up with dynamic s with 3-4K of extras. It's addictive.

We have gone corris grey with the satin 19's, there was one at the dealers and it looked ok. Was also concerned about the ride with larger wheels. Also went oyster and ebony which looks special.

Have pics of interior but don't know how to post pics.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Can only add this one as assume others are to large.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Definitely go oyster and ebony .... Be aware that if you go plain oyster you will also automatically get the lower part of the centre console and the lower dash plastic sections changed from ebony to an almost white plastic color = too much white I think ... Has the ambience of an elvis jumpsuit imho ! 😀

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the replies. Might go Oyster and Ebony then!

Would be really interested to see the pictures of the 19's so if anyone had them taken would really appreciate some real life shots, especially corris grey with 19 satin :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Velar s. Not corris grey. But I do have the light oyster and ebony cloth interior. it's on 20" wheels and they look good I don't think I'd fancy going any smaller on the wheels. But that's just my opinion&#x1f44d-1f3fb;
Also got the ambient lighting pack. Really works well on the light leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Best I can do is in black. Have a picture of it in red to with 19's if interested. Personally I think it looks a little more beefy on 19's. I also really dislike yhebgloss black wheels because as soon as the tire shine washes off they look rubbish, I'd be forever covering the tires in tyre shine which isn't good for the tyres

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you both for the pictures, very much inclining for the satin finish on the 19s, it does create more substance, gives the impression wheels are a touch larger which is nice.

As always any picture helps a lot, as my dealer qt the moment only has £68k+ versions which makes it a bit difficult to compare with what mine may look in real life

Defo the ambient lights seems a must - thanks for sharing the pictures

Still making up my mind on interior as use the car on the beach sometime for paddle boarding, therefore not sure sand will match well with the suede finishes of the seat although prob 60/40 at the moment to go with them

Regarding the driving modes, is it worh any of the cheaper packs or is it just another way for us to spend a few hundred £?

Cheers

·
Registered
558 Posts
Activity key is a must if you're active.... it's the thing I'm most looking forward to.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing also I didn't ask is if anyone had a chance to drive the d180 on long journeys and how is the efficiency of the engine? What mpg did you get? No really worried about consumption as car is mainly for travelling, but curious anyways

·
Registered
558 Posts
Looks really good, same as ours when it finally arrives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Mavg1986,
I have ordered a P250 in S spec and, for me, the 12.3 inch interactive driver display @£520 and the 5 year service pack were must haves.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the picture and replies, yes I did forget about the interactive display, always handy to have the maps from the sat nav in front of you, will maybe shuffle some things around to try and accomodate...

Anyone got the air ionisation? Is it worth it or does it make any difference?

And about the ambient lighting, is it worth it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.