Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
We collected ours at the weekend and it had a normal sized front plate - should note that the Velars come with a mounting plinth in the UK and I was told that they could not request to remove it from the build like they can with RRS. Plinth is on the front only I should add.
The rear was fitted with an oversized rectangle shaped plated.
I am planning on swapping them out for smaller plates, hopefully to front and rear, they kindly did not drill my plates on the rear, so I have the option of a shorter plate (I have a short private reg and I just think it looks better on a shorter plate).
I'm not sure the Velar suits the larger rear plate, I'm looking forward to seeing it with a smaller plate as soon as I organise myself!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a short number plate fitted to the rear as the dealer ensured nothing was drilled into the bodywork.

As for the front, could not avoid the regular size mounting plinth specified for all UK cars. So now wondering what my options are to have it removed and get the smaller plate on- except there are drilled holes to be sorted out.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this without a messy respray?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Keen to avoid a bumper respray but looks like it's the only way.

Does anyone have a schematic diagram of the plinth a d where the holes are actually drilled? Is it at each corner or just the centre? Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi - the front plate is mounted with screws in each corner annoying when you have a short number - so what l have done is had a full sized front plate with a tint looks good

·
Registered
558 Posts
As removing the factory fitted plinth on front is not an option, I have now ordered a new set of front plates in small road legal size and balance to standard size in Corris Grey match. Solved the problem and shouldn't look too bad.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Check out FourDot Designer Plates

In particular you want to look for their Zero Plate product line if you have a short private plate

Or choose the Signature Line if you want to personalise shape and background colour in parts of thebplate where road legal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mr. Singh said:
Could you all please share some pictures of how the front and back look with the new plates?

You can hide the actual reg number as I just want to see the plate size/position, thanks :)
I would also be interested in seeing this if poss?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts