Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the new Range Rover Velar yesterday and just received confirmation of my order and build spec from the dealer.
Paid the deposit yesterday to secure a build for sept 1st

The new car impressed me from what I have seen in the press and from talking to my dealer...I had been looking at the Jaguar F Pace and Discovery Sport but for me the new Velar ticks all the boxes!....Looking forward to seeing them in the dealers showroom in July! Well done JLR !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats, same here! Went to see it at the design museum - it really looks fantastic.

Went for the Velar R-Dynamic SE D|300.

I have a feeling that his summer is going to feel a lot longer than normal!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did the same, but before the London event, after seeing the near perfect images that day on line. My dealer is mucking around a bit with so-called "allocations" but Im hoping to get 100% confirmation for my First Edition on Monday, for delivery in July. Ive been mulling over my next car for 3 months. I currently have bi-turbo A6 Avant and this has served me well over 5 years back and forth from the West Country to London. I test drove a RR Sport 3 weeks ago but it felt ever so old fashioned and much too conspicuous (although I realise the Velar will be even more so!!). Then I looked at the new BMW 5 series Touring (very nice vehicle) and I even contemplated waiting for the A6 replacement which will be announced later this year. Then, out of the blue, (my dealer knew way less than me even!!) out popped the Velar! I think, at a stroke, it will kill off the current Sport AND set the bench mark for all future RRs. I haven't had such a positive feeling about a car fitting 100% my lifestyle and requirements since I can't remember when! To say I am drooling already is an understatement and finding, just now, this forum will at least help things along during the too long wait for delivery.
So, to confirm for anyone who wants to make comments, I have ordered a First Edition, in Silicon Silver (which is the same colour as in the LF presentation video - isn't it?) and with only one additional option, being the iPhone charging/interface module.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats to those who have ordered!
I paid my deposit a week before the launch and currently being told a September delivery, not July so a bit gutted! Just been told it's the demonstrators arriving in July.
I've built the car and waiting for them to come back with the PcP quote.... has anyone been able to get anything thrown in by the dealership or is it take it or leave it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey - my dealer said absolutely no discounts or dealer contributions towards the deposit when financing. I'll be damed if I'm not getting some floor mats and a free tank of fuel though!

I have a september delivery slot at the moment - but over the next few weeks i'll be looking to see if any deals can be had. A certain shopping mall based dealership often has decent discounts especially when financing. If that ends up being the case I'll get my current deposit refunded and buy from them and just have to accept that my build date will be a lot later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There will be a few of us who have experienced this all before when the Evoque was launched. Long wait from ordering/deposit paid to seeing them arrive in the dealers showrooms in September 2011, plenty of us had a 9 month wait.

The beauty of the Velar is the bigger engine options that many of us wished could have been in the Evoque (engine bay size prevented this).

Dealer discounts were a No/No, in fact I think it was three years before this started to happen. Why would a company even contemplate this when the cars were selling themselves and a had a bulging order book.

I'm sure the Velar will be the same.

I agree with the comments on 5 year servicing plan, this should be included.

The R-Dynamic SE D300 seems to perfectly fit the bill for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
riverbankpark said:
I chose the same engine as my jaguar XE (which I am keeping) .
so My new Velar will come as the 2l diesel with auto and hse spec in red
Which diesel, D180 or D240?

The D180 doesn't seem to get much love in F-Pace reviews, but I can't find a car that currently uses the D240...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi guys, I too have paid a deposit for a Velar however I have been made aware by someone very senior at one of the UK's biggest LR retailers that the order system is not yet officially open! The finance quotes etc can be made, the deposits can be taken but the car is not locked down so no dealer can give you a a delivery date as of now - those whose dealer have promised you cars in specific month's are either lying to you for a bigger deposit or speculating ;)

Either way I have car one being delivered from my dealer and it could be anywhere from end of July to September - I will know more once the order system officially accepts orders. As of now all orders are held in a "holding pool"

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts