Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a deposit down on a First Edition Petrol in Corris Grey!

Bit of a complicated situation as I have a new Jaguar XJL Autobiography ordered today in lieu of my faulty one.

When that arrives in June I will not even take it out the showroom but it will be immediately traded in for the Velar.

So today I have ordered £150k worth of cars!!!!!!

Although I have ordered the Corris I am still not 100% sure whether to change to the Silicone Silver.

All comments welcome to help/hinder my decision!
Cheers
HABXxx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your nice comments!

The Mrs prefers the Corris and I am fairly ambivalent so I think the Corris will win out.

I have read other comments about the Silicone appearing green but have not been able to see a car in that colour to judge.

One thing I would appreciate comment on is the dealer was not sure if the First Edition had sold out. I pointed out that it is available for the first year of sales and not limited in numbers like the F Pace was. Anyone have opinions on this?

I should find out for certain next week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We've ordered our F/E in corris grey but after visiting the dealer today and comparing it with silicon silver, my head hurts!
We just can't decide on the colour, both look champion on the RRS and I don't think either would be a disappoint.

When our order was placed on the 4th of March we were told only 500 would be available, but it wouldn't be the first time a salesman was economical with the truth. I'm not sure Land Rover would say no to a 80k order.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congratulations on your new orders for First Editions but be aware, after one year all those First Edition options will become available and your just have another Velar with a First Edition badge, i know this from personal experience with the Fpace.

JLR have even gone as far as to make a statement about this no doubt base on the issues they had with Jaguar Fpace First Edition owners who paid more for a car with less specification then they could get now.

Just thought it worth giving you all the heads up in case your buying the Velar First Edition thinking it will be limited.

JLR statement reads,

"Specifications described as unique to Range Rover Velar First Edition may be available separately or in combination in second and subsequent model years."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi JK

It was me that pointed it out on the fpace forum.

It doesn't really matter on the Velar because all the options are available already. You can spec the same car but it is 3k dearer. The First Edition will also have a much higher residual value than a specced up HSE making the monthly Pcp payment far cheaper.

The F Pace was limited to 250 cars in UK but the Velar is supposed to be available for the 1st year of production.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Habxxx said:
Hi JK

It was me that pointed it out on the fpace forum.

It doesn't really matter on the Velar because all the options are available already. You can spec the same car but it is 3k dearer. The First Edition will also have a much higher residual value than a specced up HSE making the monthly Pcp payment far cheaper.

The F Pace was limited to 250 cars in UK but the Velar is supposed to be available for the 1st year of production.
OH, OK did not know you were the one who gave us all First Edition owners the news. :oops:

Can i be rude and ask if you would pm me what deal you got on PCP, if you do not mind.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just placed an order for Carpathian Grey D300 HSE Velar with Vintage Tan/ Ebony Windsor Leather. Dealer said I am 9th on their list and should have delivery end of November. Anyone else know when their orders are arriving / getting locked in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.