Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start a new topic on tracking new orders and status updates from dealerships to establish timelines for current and future velar orders :)

Placed Order: 20/4/17
Dealer predicted delivery date: 23/11/17

Order - D300 R-Dynamic HSE Carpathian Grey - Vintage Tan/Ebony Windsor Leather Interior w/ Ebony Suede Cloth

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VelarMan, I understand that. Just trying to start the conversation of where everyone's at.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was told that orders would be fixed by the end of March, however I was able to change my order on the 19th April, so think that the garage is yet to confirm orders with JLR. All I currently know is that my order is one of 20 cars that the garage is able to secure.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think VelarMan might be correct. Right now orders are just in the holding pool at least for all the spec'd deposits and they will be building the ones that got into the holding pool back when the car officially launched in May for a hopefully September delivery time frame. At least at the dealerships I have talked to they have about 9 or so cars each in the holding pool that are spec'd. Some dealerships have deposits for up to 40 individuals at least that is what Stratstone of Mayfair Land Rover told me they have but most are not spec'd and are waiting for models to start arriving before nailing down specs for the cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i'm from the states-a couple hours from chicago- and i've had a first edition in corris grey reserved by my dealer for me since march 3. just got a text from my dealer today that includes detailed paperwork about my velar and my order has now been officially placed. eta is august 25 for delivery. this will be the fourth time i've made a range rover purchase, and the third model that i've ordered without ever sitting in on before it's delivered (first was a '12 evoque, and then a '14 rrs), and i've never been disappointed. can't imagine being disappointed this time either. excited... and now the wait begins!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi, new here.

Deposit: 13/04/17
Placed Order: 22/04/17
Dealer predicted delivery date: Late July/Aug is what I've been told so for...I haven't received official documentation yet.
P250 R-Dynamic SE, Narvik Black, Black wheels, Eclipse/Ebony extended leather interior.

Strange that US customers are getting earlier delivery estimates.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most likely either US could be a priority for Land Rover (which it could be considering how big of a market it is) or the dealers are getting over optimistic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping it looks good -- I like the black package on RRS. I completely agree that the copper details are nice but the problem for me is that the copper is standard on every model when it should've been an upgrade in my opinion. While the current black package isn't perfect it does help make the RRV unique to others on the road so I don't feel like I'm paying more for less. I don't like how the RR lettering on the back is black on black but I do like how the bottom of the back is high-gloss black and one uniform color rather than the silver accents.

·
Registered
24 Posts
*Correction, standard on the R-Dynamic models, not the Velar and Velar S. Ideally it would've been great to have kept the copper details and then have everything else black (grill, mirrors, tow cover, etc.) -- a black copper package. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone got an update on this? I have the first car coming into a UK dealership but so far no confirmed delivery date. I have been told first additions won't arrive until the uk until September (confirmed by my dealership) but mine isn't a first edition.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No updates as of yet. The first car according to which we have gathered should arrive in the UK dealerships early September. It shouldn't matter whether or not you have a first edition.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When we went to Solihull we were expressly told by the guy running the event that the first cars delivered will be First Editions.

That is why there are no changes allowed. This way they can be made ready for delivery as they are a pre-defined spec and is why they are called First Editions.

Any customer configured car will be made to order and will therefore be later.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts