Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've ordered a Firenze red D240, and have gone to town a little on options.

Scariest option is the Kvadrat interior - not seen it, but I like the concept / philosophy, and if it ends up looking a bit Ligne Roset I'll be delighted.

Furniture Warehouse? Less so... I guess we'll see.

I've bought it for my wife as a surprise - hence the Firenze red as that's the colour she chose for her Evoque (which is being traded in for the Velar).

Otherwise, I've added panoramic sliding sunroof, the 20 way massage heat / cool seats (part of the Kvadrat deal), HUD, all the technology packs, ambient lighting, air suspension, surround camera system, remote climate control.

Where I'm paranoid? The external elements - I turn up at a JLR dealer and at least half the cars on the forecourt look over-pimped to me. Just my subjective view, but I've therefore stayed away from R Dynamic, black packs, and bigger wheels. And tinted windows. Not ticking the tint may have been a mistake, but there's always the after market...

Looking forward to seeing all our pictures as these arrive - I'm buoyed by the positive reviews and the feedback on this forum as some of your cars have arrived.

I ordered mine back in the first week or so when they started taking orders. Had a build date of 18 July, and it's been built. Was anticipating early August delivery. But I've now been told factory has closed for the summer break and I won't get it until September...

Oh well...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Couldn't agree more .... The r dynamic model in fact has no dynamic additions .... It's just a body kit and the ONLY part of it I like is the twin exhaust finishers .... Which you only get on the p300 and the 6 cylinder engines.
Better to add configurable dynamics if you actually want to make the car slightly more dynamic.
I have optioned full extended leather ambient lighting and illuminated tread plates too .... And some other things.
Sadly however being in Australia I haven't been given a build date yet (p300 engine) ..... Seems I'm probably looking at 2018 for delivery .... Only first editions and diesels arrive here this year.
So while I'm waiting please everyone in uk and elsewhere post pics and vids of your velarised when you get them !

·
Registered
98 Posts
PS - pity our American friends who can only order SE and HSE spec if the choose R dynamic ! ..... Then again looking at usa pricing baffles me .... So much cheaper there even factoring in exchange rates and taxes ! .... Hard to resist concluding JLR is price gouging some markets and being generous to others !

·
Registered
58 Posts
JLR USA does large volume but the main thing is that the US isn't charged stupid LCT and then GST ontop of the price. All the taxes we get in Australia are typically what rips us off compared to rest of the world

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes that accounts for a large part of it .... Exchange rate, GST LCT and stamp duty roughly all add up produce double the final price for Aus buyers, compared to usa buyers ....... But using a simple example metallic paint additional cost in USA is $500 approx in Aus is $1700 ...... How do you explain that !

·
Registered
11 Posts
melbarro said:
Couldn't agree more .... The r dynamic model in fact has no dynamic additions .... It's just a body kit and the ONLY part of it I like is the twin exhaust finishers .... Which you only get on the p300 and the 6 cylinder engines.
Better to add configurable dynamics if you actually want to make the car slightly more dynamic.
I have optioned full extended leather ambient lighting and illuminated tread plates too .... And some other things.
Sadly however being in Australia I haven't been given a build date yet (p300 engine) ..... Seems I'm probably looking at 2018 for delivery .... Only first editions and diesels arrive here this year.
So while I'm waiting please everyone in uk and elsewhere post pics and vids of your velarised when you get them !
I ordered mine from Port Melbourne about 2 weeks ago and SA managed to find me a free build slot with a September build date, November delivery. Previous to that it was an October build date with December delivery. If you're really keen for an earlier delivery, i would give them a call and speak to Peter.
Definitely one of the better Land Rover dealerships out there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Ausvelar,
Ive actually ordered mine from Port Melb too!! - and yes I"ve found them fantastic to deal with too.
I'm guessing yours is a diesel engine spec?
They told me they would have some diesels in in November but were getting no joy (or info of any kind) from JLR Aus, as to when petrols (non First Editions) would be be built for Aus orders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I'm going the v6 diesel in HSE, not sure what the go is with the petrol deliveries. I missed your comment about your petrol spec. I was originally thinking petrol too but decided the 0-100 of 6.5 with the diesel is plenty quick for my needs. Seems the early delivery is a bonus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
melbarro said:
Hi Ausvelar,
Ive actually ordered mine from Port Melb too!! - and yes I"ve found them fantastic to deal with too.
I'm guessing yours is a diesel engine spec?
They told me they would have some diesels in in November but were getting no joy (or info of any kind) from JLR Aus, as to when petrols (non First Editions) would be be built for Aus orders.
Hi Melbarro,

I got your PM but i haven't made enough posts on this forum to allow me to respond.
One of the SAs mentioned the August 31st display so i'll be sure to check that with the boss. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
I was thinking Corris Grey as it looked great in photos but while i was at the dealership i saw a Disco in corris grey and it was parked next to another white disco with black pack and black roof. Maybe it is just the effect of the contrasting black and white but i really love the combination of the two when fitted with black rims.

Here's a clip of a Velar with very similar exterior setup. Only difference is that i'm going with the 21" 10 spoke with gloss black rims.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you like the gloss black wheels then I think the best body color is white or red ..... In fact I agree that I think the white paint with gloss black trim and wheels look great.
I've gone for corris grey with the 20 " diamond turned rims .... I actually didn't want the 22s ..... Just too big I think and also didn't want grey or black rims ...... So mines a much more conservative look ... Have gone with the sliding roof head up display laser headlights and numerous other options ....... But still no idea yet when my car will actually be built let alone delivered in Melbourne !

·
Registered
11 Posts
melbarro said:
If you like the gloss black wheels then I think the best body color is white or red ..... In fact I agree that I think the white paint with gloss black trim and wheels look great.
I've gone for corris grey with the 20 " diamond turned rims .... I actually didn't want the 22s ..... Just too big I think and also didn't want grey or black rims ...... So mines a much more conservative look ... Have gone with the sliding roof head up display laser headlights and numerous other options ....... But still no idea yet when my car will actually be built let alone delivered in Melbourne !
Yeah I think it's good choice to steer clear of the 22"s, most reviewers tend to report a bit of harshness on rims that size although opinions on that can be very subjective.

Yours will look great with the diamond tuned rims. I really wanted to go the laser headlights too as they seem to be an awesome feature but at 160k I had to stop somewhere.

Shame you can't get a build date for the petrol. Have they given you an estimate as to when they think you'll receive it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very vague suggestion it would be likely to be around Feb ..... but until a build date slot and date is allocated .... its just unknown.
I started with lower engine spec, so lower base price, added HSE spec (not R Dynamic) and then went to town on options ..... adding I think $26K more for all options I chose !! lol...... AND they longer I wait WITHOUT spec locked in the more I keeping wanting to add in more!!! - Thats probably the worst part about waiting ....TOO much time to change mind and second guess!!
PS - I got an invite to the event in Melb on 30 August ...I assume you did too?

·
Registered
11 Posts
melbarro said:
Very vague suggestion it would be likely to be around Feb ..... but until a build date slot and date is allocated .... its just unknown.
I started with lower engine spec, so lower base price, added HSE spec (not R Dynamic) and then went to town on options ..... adding I think $26K more for all options I chose !! lol...... AND they longer I wait WITHOUT spec locked in the more I keeping wanting to add in more!!! - Thats probably the worst part about waiting ....TOO much time to change mind and second guess!!
PS - I got an invite to the event in Melb on 30 August ...I assume you did too?
No invite to the august 30 event, I'm just not important enough it seems (seeing as I have already locked my order in), dealer told me that the 30th is for Land Rover staff so invites are limited however from the 31st it is open to everyone so I'll go and check it out then.
Until you lock your build you'll likely be chopping and changing which is kind of fun but a costly exercise. Good thing is HSE is a decent base to work from with quite a few inclusions, but I always find an excuse for a few extra upgrades.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts