Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Last week, I ordered a Velar P250 R-Dynamic SE with an ETA of end of September delivery.

Exterior - Corris Grey, 21" Black 1033's, Black Contrast Roof with Fixed Panoramic. Privacy Glass.

Interior - Oyster with Ebony Suedecloth, Oyster Headlining and Pinstripe Veneer.

Extras - Full Size Spare Wheel, Configurable Dynamics and Ambient Lighting.

Reason for going petrol is because I'm not keen on how the UK government is treating diesels. If they increase diesel fuel tax and continue there assault on parking charges/congestion charges etc, the advertised mpg difference between the D240 and P250 of being around 20%+ won't be an issue for me.

Is there anything I should consider adding?

·
Registered
35 Posts
A Big Smile.....

I couldn't agree more on the petrol v diesel debate. It is a near certainty that the pump price differential will increase in the short term along with other measures to sting the diesel owner.

This will also affect diesel residuals over the next few years as they become less popular.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi, GEE, congratulations on your choice.

Maybe you already knew but I just found that the R-Dynamic P250 and D240 did not have exhaust pipes in sight
"Unique front and rear bumper design including integrated exhaust finishers" -> This is a mistake

·
Registered
25 Posts
One other thing...... did I read that spec'ing the full size spare wheel will mean that you get a 'hump' in the boot floor, similar to that of the fpace? I'm sure I did when all the literature came out in March, can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies.

I have to say, this forum is great. I didn't realise there was an option for extended full leather. I've been told a demo car is arriving at the end of this month with the ability to see the majority of the final options/colours etc. I still have time to change my final spec, so I'm definitely going to have the full leather option.

Ranger4, On build your Land Rover, it mentions the floor is raised by 100mm. The way I saw it, you get a brand new tyre and alloy for £350.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seeing as it's a raised floor, and not a hump, then that should be ok. I think the normal boot floor is quite a bit lower than the boot lip/sill anyhow, but I'll see for myself (for the first time) later this week - pretty excited.

I've got a D300 HSE on order at the moment, but will most likely change up to the P380 or down to the P250.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the P380, I'm currently driving an Audi SQ5 and wanted similar power and 0-60 time ... got call from Landrover to update that my car is due for delivery on August 5th .. can't wait
Agree reference comments on Diesel.. I'm swapping diesel for petrol.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The dealers now have demos for Petrols and Diesels. I Drove a P380 Petrol this morning and I more than happy I chose the D300 instead! There is no comparison - the D300 is much more suited for this car and the Torque is immense whereas the P380 engine really needs to be worked to get to where you want it to be - lacks torque big time.

All this scaremongering about Diesels etc is hearsay. These cars are clean diesels and there are no plans to penalise these until 2040 :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would expect P250/300 to be in the high 20's MPG which is fine for me. I haven't owned a petrol powered vehicle in decades, will be nice to not stink of oil every time I fuel up, quick warming engine too...

It will come down to how they drive at the end of the day for me, look forward to that when P's start coming through.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been today to the dealer and he's said my car lands with them 11th Aug with 1st Sept handover!! I asked if I could have it earlier and he said yes but advised not to as it would loose 500 pounds at least and when I come to sell people will think it's a demo model!! Think he's having a laugh

1 - 20 of 27 Posts