Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Quick hello, just ordered a d180 dynamic although final spec not finalised until end of sept.

Struggling with spec as it really is at the top end of our budget so not able to spec the perfect car.

So far extras are

Pano roof
Ventilated seats
Rear Tints
Front parking sensors (for the wife 馃槣)
Paint upgrade, although not decided on colour. Pearl white or Firenze seem favourite at the moment.

Is the dynamic worth the extra couple of grand? I lprefer the look of the non dynamic front end but the wife prefers dynamic

Cheers mark

Registered
I wouldn't get the paint upgrade if you are at the top of your budget. Saving 拢700 pounds for other options would better.

Registered
I took delivery of mine on Friday and I'm very happy with it. Initially wanted an r-dynamic but I was fortunate enough to have a narvik black d180 S become immediately available without any wait, so I ordered in July and got my hands on it very quickly.

I don't regret my choice at all, and the normal front end has also grown on me, such that I actually prefer it to the dynamic. Although I do wish the metal accents on the side was the bronze copper colour.

In terms of extras, the car came with 20 inch dark grey satin wheels, privacy glass and the sliding pano roof.

Love love love it! Massive upgrade from my 2007 manual BMW 3 series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats :)

IMHO the most important upgrades you need are decent looking wheels and the extended interior leather pack and a pan roof- you have theseand you have a car that looks and feels very premium. If you go for a standard dark metallic you could get away with having a black roof too and save on that.

Registered
velofixed said:
Congrats both. @VelarSam - any pics of yours? I've also gone Narvik black and keen to see it as only seen Santorini in the flesh. Thanks!
Thank you! These pics aren't the best quality, basically screenshots from a video I recorded on my phone lol. Will get some better ones taken this week.

Registered
Very nice and very stealth looking.

How you finding the D180 engine as the dealer local to me seems to think it's a little underpowered and thinks I should look at a higher power output but of course it comes at a cost and would be great to hear people who own one view on this.

The dealer said the same on the P250 that I should look at the P300.

Registered
JKVelarF1 said:

How you finding the D180 engine as the dealer local to me seems to think it's a little underpowered and thinks I should look at a higher power output but of course it comes at a cost and would be great to hear people who own one view on this.

I'm no expert on these things as I'm coming from a petrol BMW 3 series. Had a brief (30 minute) drive in the D240 and I honestly don't see a massive difference in power at all compared with the D180. In fact I wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless I drove both consecutively in quick succession. The D180 is significantly more powerful than my 3 series was, that is for sure. I do a lot of motorway miles and commute to work everyday on the M11. Overtaking so far has never been an issue, likewise pulling out of a roundabout.

I'm happy with my choice especially as MPG was a big factor for me. The D180 is by far more economical than my old petrol 3 series it seems.

If cost is a factor, I would definitely say consider the D180 seriously, and see if you can test drive both side by side!

Registered
I'm telling you....all of these new Ingenium engines are GREAT! Diesel and Petrol versions. I haven't read any bad reviews of any of them, and from my own experience in the F-Pace I'm impressed.

Registered
VelarSam said:
velofixed said:
Congrats both. @VelarSam - any pics of yours? I've also gone Narvik black and keen to see it as only seen Santorini in the flesh. Thanks!
Thank you! These pics aren't the best quality, basically screenshots from a video I recorded on my phone lol. Will get some better ones taken this week.

Thanks - this looks awesome and the grey wheels (which I'm also getting) offset the paint nicely. My order went through today just waiting on an ETA for delivery est late Oct / early Nov. It's going to be a long wait for sure.

Registered
VelarSam said:
JKVelarF1 said:

I'm no expert on these things as I'm coming from a petrol BMW 3 series. Had a brief (30 minute) drive in the D240 and I honestly don't see a massive difference in power at all compared with the D180. In fact I wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless I drove both consecutively in quick succession. The D180 is significantly more powerful than my 3 series was, that is for sure. I do a lot of motorway miles and commute to work everyday on the M11. Overtaking so far has never been an issue, likewise pulling out of a roundabout.

I'm happy with my choice especially as MPG was a big factor for me. The D180 is by far more economical than my old petrol 3 series it seems.

If cost is a factor, I would definitely say consider the D180 seriously, and see if you can test drive both side by side!

Thank you for the input.

Registered
VelarSam said:
JKVelarF1 said:

@ JKVelarF1 : Thank you for raising the question about the power of D180
@ VelarSam : thank you so much for sharing your driving experience of the D180 versus the D240. I must confess I feel less concerned after reading your comment ;) knowing that you hardly noticed a difference is a precious info really. Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Evoque gone and a 2-3 month wait as a one and a half car family (TVR Tuscan not really an everydayer)

Ended up totally changing spec as the car I had ordered wasn't what we wanted, was purely to book a build slot. However JLR decided to build it early and failed to tell anyone, so another discounted stock car will soon be in the market. Ended up.

R Dynamic S D180
Corris grey
Black roof
Oyster and ebony leather (think I'll regret that)
Digital dash thingy
Cooled seats
Activity key
Rear Tints
Front Sensors

Think that's it.

Can't wait now for the delivery day, the loyal; smelly; smokey mondeo will do itself just until then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts