Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had been looking at the velar for some time but was considering going for a Macan or something else as I didn't want the long wait (if I ordered today would have had to wait until early 2018 for delivery). I have a baby due in November so I wanted the car sorted before then.

Anyway, went into the dealer on Saturday 15th July just to admire the Velar in the flesh, and also to see if I could be happy with an Evoque... long story short, when I mentioned to the Salesperson that I really wanted the Velar, I was informed "one has just fallen out of bed" and was already built and available for end of the month!

Although it's not exactly what I wanted, I was happy to compromise in order to get the car so much earlier! I originally wanted the R-Dynamic SE in Corris grey and acorn leather interior... instead what I'm ending up with is the Velar S in Narvik black and black leather interior. Comes with 20 inch grey satin alloys as well and sliding pano roof, both of which are what things I would have opted for on the R-Dynamic SE!

While I do prefer the R-dynamic exterior, I'm sure it will still look awesome! And super excited about somehow being one of the first to get their hands on this beauty in the UK (world?)

Out of interest, are there any other people taking delivery in July/August?

·
Registered
129 Posts
You should consider waiting for a dealer stock vehicle that is closer to your liking, more willl pop up and you have several months to go. Sounds like you are compromising a lot with all the major options. Also you may be kicking your self in the butt everyday of ownership if you haven't experienced owning a black exterior- very much a love and hate relationship.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just curious what was the engine spec on that that you are getting on 28 July ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Agree. Regretting the spec has cost me dearly in the past. I've taken pre-built cars before only to swap them at great cost or drive around looking at other versions with too much envy!!!

If this site proves anything it's that many people have been trigger happy with ordering so I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities to get your hands on a "distressed sale" that has more options to your liking.

Patience is a virtue.....😬

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dc44back said:
Agree. Regretting the spec has cost me dearly in the past. I've taken pre-built cars before only to swap them at great cost or drive around looking at other versions with too much envy!!!

If this site proves anything it's that many people have been trigger happy with ordering so I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities to get your hands on a "distressed sale" that has more options to your liking.

Patience is a virtue.....😬
I did consider this to be honest, but I must admit this car with fewer options is more sensible from a financial perspective, especially with my first born on the way. If I had spec'd it myself, I would have gone overboard and possibly stretched myself a bit too much. 🙊

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fair play VelarSam,

I have a one year old and I've been breaking it gently to him that he won't be allowed ice cream when he's sitting on my Windsor Ivory leather seats......🙈🙈🙈🙈

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.