Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All.
Newbie with a question if you don’t mind…

I have a 2018 Velar P250, 23000 miles full dealer service history and a service just completed 2 weeks ago.

last week the EML came on and short time after went off, never thought anymore of it, but on Sunday it came on and only disappeared as I pulled into the dealers for diagnostic check this morning, but I had already noted the code. Dealer is now saying that it’s a £600 fix, I did ask how a £50k car with little use can require such a repair, usual thing shrug their shoulders and said, it is what it is!
Anyone heard of any recalls or service bulletins regarding this fault, think he said two new sensors for the camshaft required. I’m having it done, but they are so couldn’t care less, I’m a bit peeved with them. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You’re right - it’s out of order. This is the first car I have felt the necessity to buy the extended warranty for (even then it won’t cover what you would expect). I actually enjoy my car despite some issues, but I don’t expect I’ll get another JLR next time.

Let us know how you got on. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after a bit of back and forth, nothing. They seem to think that they provide a very good service and their vehicles are top notch, I did ask who was at fault for such a low mileage car, to have this type of issue, be it a poor quality car or poor mechanics, he said he wouldn’t answer that question. They don’t care, money is what they care about. Job done £600 and two days off the road, seems a bit crazy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well after a bit of back and forth, nothing. They seem to think that they provide a very good service and their vehicles are top notch, I did ask who was at fault for such a low mileage car, to have this type of issue, be it a poor quality car or poor mechanics, he said he wouldn’t answer that question. They don’t care, money is what they care about. Job done £600 and two days off the road, seems a bit crazy
Hey Always working.
Did you buy the car from this dealer from new?
How long out of warranty is the car.
If the car was purchased from this dealer i would name and shame them in social media as much as you can, Face book & Twiiter posts. Car magazines, local papers etc.
Affecting their public image will most certainly impact them image and bank account and as you say thats all they seem to care about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts