Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Velar r-dynamic HSE P250 back in March right after the announcement. I was told then delivery would be September-ish.

In May orders were allocated and placed, I gave a full spec then.

On june 5th my dealer had the Velar in, and that evening I gave my final spec. Still being told September delivery.

The only things I changed was privacy glass and black pack.

I then get told a couple of days later that when they updated my order, due to the P250 engine, delivery will now be Nov/Dec.

Maybe nothing can be done if they really can't deliver a P250 before then, but only finding out when they 'updated my order' is annoying, as I never changed the engine spec at any stage.

Anyone else ordering a P250 and have any info on their delivery date or if things changed at any point for you?

Also is there any info on another engine? I'm sure I have read somewhere about a possible P300 or something?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Seems odd.

I have one of the first P250s ordered, my build date was supposedly yesterday, and I haven't heard anything from my dealer about a delay. Why would it be delayed? The engine is already in mass production and being installed in the F-Pace, XE, and XF. Keep us updated!

There is a new P300 launching also. Same 2.0L 4 with higher output. Same version going into the 2018 F-Type. I don't know when that will launch, but I can't imagine why a P250 would be delayed. That's a now ubiquitous engine throughout the JLR range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wheels are the 22" gloss black.

He specifically said it was the engine 'change' on my order that has delayed it. (even though i never changed it)

Thanks for your comments, i'm going to go back to him with this info.

·
Registered
171 Posts
martintyler said:
My wheels are the 22" gloss black.

He specifically said it was the engine 'change' on my order that has delayed it. (even though i never changed it)

Thanks for your comments, i'm going to go back to him with this info.
Maybe not, there is some people with issues with the 22 inch wheels and 3 litre engines on the fpace that are having issues with the front drive so maybe this is why there is a delay as they want to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The issue with the 22" wheels is nothing to do with the suspension as the other 22" designs are available to order without delay. The issue with the diamond turned wheel is with the supplier - they are having manufacturing issues!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey,

I've been following this forum since March when I also put down a dep on my car.

I had a test drive yesterday of the D300HSE (beautiful car) and asked when the earliest would be That i can get my car.

I was told 7 days as it's sitting there ready to be shipped but it would be on a 17 plate. I've decided to wait for the 67 as the dealer said it would massively effect residual value? Is this even true?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Md6410 said:
Hey,

I've been following this forum since March when I also put down a dep on my car.

I had a test drive yesterday of the D300HSE (beautiful car) and asked when the earliest would be That i can get my car.

I was told 7 days as it's sitting there ready to be shipped but it would be on a 17 plate. I've decided to wait for the 67 as the dealer said it would massively effect residual value? Is this even true?
This is for a P250? Good, maybe they'll start showing up soon.

I can't answer about resale. I don't understand how having 6 month difference in plate number would massively affect it though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Frustratingly for me I booked the P250 S with a load of options, then the next day ran the numbers on a P300 SE and there wasn't too much difference!!

If I reorder I'm back in the line till April 18.

I can't wait 13 months ha

·
Registered
171 Posts
Md6410 said:
Frustratingly for me I booked the P250 S with a load of options, then the next day ran the numbers on a P300 SE and there wasn't too much difference!!

If I reorder I'm back in the line till April 18.

I can't wait 13 months ha
Been to the dealer today and they are quoting,
D300 delivery October
P300 delivery November

1 - 20 of 37 Posts