Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the first production run of P300 Velars has started. I know of one member here who has taken delivery. Have ordered one myself and recently been told my build date is 8 December (with delivery to me in Melb Australia in March 2018) . I am keen to get feedback on this engine from anyone who has one or has driven one - can't find any journos /. Bloggers / you tubers reviews of it yet - but if anyone knows of one please flick me the link.
Cheers for now !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm taking delivery of mine in January here in the UK, if there's still nothing then I'll post some info when I collect it and a video of the exhaust note if you're interested. I've been searching for anything but still no sign yet as you have.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Taking delivery of my P300 tomorrow hopefully, what kind of info are you after on the engine?

I can only really compare to the D300 that I had on order previously and test drove a couple of times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got our P300 few days ago. Amazing car. Sharp and fun to drive. Selected it in December from available cars, but our key must features were there: engine, panoramic roof, color of seats, R-dynamic, 20'th black wheels, #1 priority color of car was kaikoura stone, but we've got red with black top - looks also cool :) she doesn't have air suspension but it softer than X5 2012 we had before (with 18' wheels), cosmic atmosphere inside, I have add premium petrol to the top after we left showroom - distance to empty showed 480 km. Not a small girlish car at all (even if we selected it for my wife). I have also considered Macan and it was possible to get good price for it (for 3L diesel or petrol for 2017 year, but, emotionally Velar won this competition. I still find it quite unusual to use all functions via these 2 displays, try not to do it while driving but hope to get used to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took delivery of a P300HSE R-Dynamic with 21" wheels and electronic suspension on 13/12/17 (ordered in early September). I have driven 2,200 miles and really enjoy driving it: it handles beautifully and can accelerate very quickly, although you pay with the fuel consumption. I am getting about 25 mpg on motorway journeys (I did have a Jaguar XF Sportbrake 3.0D which would manage 45 mpg on similar journeys). There have been some odd occurrences: the screens have not woken up on starting, so that I am reversing without camera (can still just about manage that) and when leaning in to the boot, the boot can start to close due to pressure on the bumper. The adaptive headlights are fantastic and make night driving much easier. The satnav is much improved from earlier JLR versions, but it is possible to gat diverted in to 'fiddling' with all the screens. I love driving it and so I am doing more miles than I intended...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi walrus - any chance of posting some pics ? - my P300 RDynamic HSE with air susp plus lots of other options is currently on the ship on the way to me in Melb Australia - ordered in June 2017 !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.