Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great location .... Great pics ..... Great looking car ! ..... Is is silicon or Corris ?
Enjoy and keep posting about your driving experience 😀

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hang on, I think you've pinched my car.....

......no, just checked. Still on the drive!

Therefore, what a gorgeous car you have there peterd.

Arianne

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is silicon silver. It is difficult to say a lot yet.

My first feeling is that it feels a little bit lighter on the front than the D300 I demo tested.
The engine has plenty of grunt at low speed (that was my concern with the petrol engine, a lot of hesitation between D300 and P300 on my side,
I was overwhelmed with my test drive of the D300...)

The spring coils are good, even on 21 wheels, you do not feel the city pavements. I hesitated a lot to take the air suspension:
a previous bad experience with the technology made me decide to go without. I know that the tech has made a lot or progress in the meantime, but our lives is a succession of experience that are difficult to forget.
I wanted to take 20 wheels in black for that reason, but my wife decided for the 21 alloy, for the look of it and it works !

Early conclusion: THE VELAR IS A FANTASTIC CAR !

I have not been able to use the live stuff, but I think I just don't care. The car will never be my preferred web browser, especially when the browser is not working while the car is moving. Being an avid sailor , I am not sure I need a screen that tells me that the weather is cloudy or sunny while I drive,
there are enough windows to see what's happening outside, especially with the sunroof who is gorgeous and bring a lot of light in the car in winter times.

(I think it is linked to the live account creation, the account must be created with a 4g or tethering connexion in order to get the credentials. I will try to delete it and create a new one, if I find a way to solve the issue I will pass it to the forum)

The nav with 4g & traffic avoidance works very well, USB and bluetooth work well too but WITHOUT INCONTROL.
I think I will also pass the incontrol stuff. I use my phone only for calling and for music with Deezer a french competitor of spotify (you have to be a patriot sometimes, even if you buy a british car)

I have been talking of the andrew story:" battery getting low quickly " to my vendor. He said that there is clearly a concern for such cars, especially if you are not using for a while or if you making very small trips in a city (stop & go, short durations).
He advised me to purchase a battery charger like the ctek mxs 5 to maintain the battery when I leave the car for a long period.

He also showed me that the minus should not be plugged on the battery but on the "mass", he also said that 12v plugs are not an alternative to plug the charger. They are shut down after some time and are not directly linked to the battery: there are some electronics in the middle that manage the power supply according to state of charge of the battery.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations! Silicon Silver is awesome. Wheels look great too. And what a city to live in... One of my favorites for sure. Lucky you!

I don't bother with the live services either. I have no interest in using them. My phone is in my dock in the cup holder and I can check important things while stopped as needed. I haven't had the battery warnings for a while now. So it only seems to be from playing the stereo for a while with the engine off. At least I got the warning and could start the car to charge it without it getting so low as to be stranded. That happened once in my RR Sport and had to call for a battery boost. Very annoying.

If it were just the touchscreens being on I'd be shocked as iPads can run for so many hours but I guess the Meridian audio and maybe even more so the premium version can draw a lot of power after being on for 30 mins or more. As others have heard, perhaps LR's are extra power hungry than other brands. As I mentioned in the other thread I went through 3 batteries in 7 years in my Sport! and the batteries were not cheap.

Anyway, enjoy your Velar!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are using the car daily , the risk is very low, but your experience has to be taken into account.
I have an old freelander at my second house, it is clearly less advanced in term of electronics but I can not let it alone more than one month with the battery connected without entering into troubles.

I use mostly my bicycle inside the city and use the car once a while for a week-end,
vacations and meetings outside the city. That's probably where I am a little at risk with the battery.
Anyway, I got the charger on amazon for 60 euros, I will put it on the car if I leave for long periods. They deliver it with a plug that I can mount
on the battery, it should be straightforward to use once the plug is installed.

The car is gorgeous , I have some problems to use the bike at the moment !

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Peterd

Happy to see another fellow Parisian is driving around the city of Light (felt kinda lonely since october). Eventhough I can read from your driving plate and your sailor skills that your heart belongs somewhere in Britanny (the French Britanny I mean, 29...)

Good colour choice. I was close to picking it up. But did not have the gutts (so many bizarre feedbacks on the forum). I am sure it is superb and less common than our corris.

Alloy is good too. IMHO these 21 rims will be the most longlasting design (i.e not becoming old fashionned)

Enjoy your petrol drive. in 7 years I'll be banned out of Paris (hopefully, I will have another car by then)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mortal said:
Hi Peterd,

Do you buy this car in France or in UK ?
How long do you have to wait after the order ?

Best regards
I did order a D180 S end july and got it early october (so only 2 month delay)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts