Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I apologise in advance if this has already been covered! I’ve been to the dealership today to order a p400e and wanted a tow bar as an option but it is not available on hybrid models with a panoramic sunroof. Does anybody know why this is (the dealership don’t even know!) thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Seems very strange as I think they do the Evoque P300e with tow bar and pano roof!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I imagine it could be is either a mistake or a structural stability issue with the vehicle on these options. The dealership though also spec’d a new Range Rover sport P400e (out of interest to them) and this also has the same issue of no tow bar option with panoramic roof. I’ve also emailed Landrover customer service to see if they can shed any light on this

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Be really interesting as my Velar has both but is not a P400e so be odd if it is to do with structural stability!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve just received this reply from Landrover. I can’t believe they would be prepared to loose a sale over a tow bar. It doesn’t make any sense. If you buy a Landrover you would expect to be able to tow with it.

I have checked and the retailer is correct that the Velar P400e no longer has the option for a panoramic sunroof

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you that the business took the decision to remove this option.

Yours sincerely

Donna Spragg
UK Customer Experience Centre

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve just received this reply from Landrover. I can’t believe they would be prepared to loose a sale over a tow bar. It doesn’t make any sense. If you buy a Landrover you would expect to be able to tow with it.

I have checked and the retailer is correct that the Velar P400e no longer has the option for a panoramic sunroof

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you that the business took the decision to remove this option.

Yours sincerely

Donna Spragg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your email dated 5th August 2022.

I am sorry I cannot give you the reasonings why a panoramic roof and towbar cannot be ordered together only that the business made the decision to withdraw these options.

Once again please accept my sicnere apologies.

Yours sincerely

Donna Spragg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts