Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those speccing the panoramic roof (which seems like most) does anyone know the weight this adds? I seem to recall on the Evoque it was quite heavy and may affect handling but haven't found the data on the Velar yet.

For those with it - what are your thoughts. A must have or just a nice to have?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Haven't got a clue but I can tell you the Velar is a far nicer car with a roof than without.
I'm delighted with the handling although I have got air and the on/off road pack which really does boost enjoyment and comfort.
My wife had an Evoque with a glass roof and that was even more essential! Horrible cabin without.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone - only made the decision harder 😀

Must stop playing with my order, before I know it I'll have switched to a HSE to get the better seats...

·
Registered
104 Posts
After test driving with and without it really only benefits passengers in the back IMO, where the ceiling is lowest and the cabin is darkest. I decided to treat it like all the other rear passenger options which makes the decision process easier.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Based on the rear occupants being in car seats I'm going to pass on the roof and divert funds elsewhere :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Been out today (sunshine) in the batmobile the panoramic sliding roof just adds to this cars appeal - l think its an option really worth having.

·
Registered
727 Posts
IMHO it will be very hard come resale time to get rid of a car without a pan roof. My first RRS was a cancelled order (there was a 9 month waiting list at the time so I jumped on it) and it did not have a pan roof. I was raped come resale time as no one wanted the car without a Pan Roof. In fact I have been watching an SVR that has been on sale for over 6 months now and has not shifted - guess why - no pan roof :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Made no difference on the resale of my evoque. wouldn't have minded it on the Velar, just couldn't justify £1100 for my rear passengers to enjoy. To add with the dog, it spent most of its time shut. Waste of money IMHO, but we are all different.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should have clarified - this is a lease so has no impact on residuals and therefore it is £1150 for 3 years use of roof hence not a must have for me. If I was buying or doing a pcp it might be different. It is just a shame they didn't make it standard on the HSE, like they did with the Disco Sport HSE - then it would have made the jump to HSE a no brainer for me. As it stands all you really get of note (despite drive/park pro features I don't care for) is bigger/slightly better choice of alloys, power adjust steering column and the Windsor leather (again nice to have not essential for). Missed opportunity for JLR I think, at least for the lease/PCP market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts