Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just looking to order a new p400e and jump on the electric bandwagon...just trying to work out the difference between perforated DuoLeather seats and perforated windsor leather seats? They look the same? Is it comfort, durability or a mix of both. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, just looking to order a new p400e and jump on the electric bandwagon...just trying to work out the difference between perforated DuoLeather seats and perforated windsor leather seats? They look the same? Is it comfort, durability or a mix of both. Thanks
Exactly as you say the perforated duoleather is a much more hard wearing material, and is usually paired with suede cloth on the seat bolsters and the areas that see the most wear. Very robust and require minimal care.

Windsor leather is a very high quality type of leather that is incredibly plush and has a matt finish. However its wear characteristics are pretty terrible. If you’ve ever been in a used velar with Windsor leather they go shiny and stain very very quickly unless you are with product every other day.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had my oyster / black Windsor seats protected by a Detailer (not dealer protection) and after nearly 9 months they are like new. I haven’t needed to clean them or use any production them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
love my Windsor seats, I got mine protected too, worthwhile as spillages sit on top of them and don’t absorb.
You also get the winged head rests which are nice.
in the test car I tried It had the duo leather and to be fair they were adequately comfortable, it’s just that Windsor came as standard on hse.
good choice on the p400e, I absolutely love mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, very helpful, I am looking to use the velar to take the kayak down to the beach and so forth so duo leather may be worth the saving if I'm bringing sand back into the car constantly....but I do like the sound of the plush windsor!

That said I have a couple test drives booked up this weekend to test drive a standard velar because PHEV is not availablet and a PHEV defender to test out the electric changeover. During this visit I will go round the dealership to sit on a variety of windsor and duo leather seats to make up my mind...

I feel like i want the windsor and to protect them but if duo is still really good it could make more sense and save a few grand!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Be interesting to see what you think of the Defender PHEV changeover. My P400e is my fourth PHEV (2 Merc’s and a BMW) nd the only way I can tell it’s going from EV to petrol is a slight increase in noise and rev counter !

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why not get some cheapo large-size seatcovers for those soggy-bottom days?
Some wet fabric trousers can leave a nasty stain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be interesting to see what you think of the Defender PHEV changeover. My P400e is my fourth PHEV (2 Merc’s and a BMW) nd the only way I can tell it’s going from EV to petrol is a slight increase in noise and rev counter !
How was the merc PHEV? This is the car I heard had a bit of a noticeable changeover and made me wary of the engine type. I will let you know how Sunday goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not get some cheapo large-size seatcovers for those soggy-bottom days?
Some wet fabric trousers can leave a nasty stain.
I will probably be too lazy to bother storing them and getting them on and off the car seat 😅 but i like it. I will definitely have to get a cheap set to throw on. My current audi a5 is suede alcantara and it was a nightmare, I'd be driving back trying to keep off the seat and not move too much while driving

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had from new a C350e and E450e and I didn’t notice anything at changeover, it was seamless. However they then introduced a E300de which having a diesel might have suffered with it. It seemed strange to me to use a diesel in a PHEV car although of course it was more economical when the battery was finished. BMW have gone the other way and now offer petrol V6 in their PHEV. The BMW X5 45e has a V6 petrol with an electric range of 50+ miles and 0-60 5.6s. I didn’t go with one as I find the interior really uninspiring and the same as the 530e.

Reactions: JDPRRUK

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had from new a C350e and E450e and I didn’t notice anything at changeover, it was seamless. However they then introduced a E300de which having a diesel might have suffered with it. It seemed strange to me to use a diesel in a PHEV car although of course it was more economical when the battery was finished. BMW have gone the other way and now offer petrol V6 in their PHEV. The BMW X5 45e has a V6 petrol with an electric range of 50+ miles and 0-60 5.6s. I didn’t go with one as I find the interior really uninspiring and the same as v6 the 530e.
Exactly - I had a 2017 X5 and found both that and the current very bland

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after my test drives today I go to build my velar... then they explain to me that the 360 camera, heads up display, interactive display and climate pack is not available due to the chip shortage.... so no velar!! I am not buying the JLR brand without having a bloody camera let alone the other techy bits!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So after my test drives today I go to build my velar... then they explain to me that the 360 camera, heads up display, interactive display and climate pack is not available due to the chip shortage.... so no velar!! I am not buying the JLR brand without having a bloody camera let alone the other techy bits!
How very odd, I ordered my d200 mhev yesterday for September delivery and specked the 360 surround cameras, interactive display and climate pack. I never specked the HUD but my order was accepted

·
Registered
228 Posts
How very odd, I ordered my d200 mhev yesterday for September delivery and specked the 360 surround cameras, interactive display and climate pack. I never specked the HUD but my order was accepted
Is that accepted at JLR or just the dealer? When inspected mine it was accepted by the dealer and submitted, but when the vista was produced that shows committed, build and delivery dates I was informed that some options were not available!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It only came up at the last minute when I was sitting down finalising the build before putting the deposit down, it wasn't just HUD it was about 5 different options I chose I couldn't have.... you may want to check with your dealer...and if you do please let me know which dealer because I'll buy with them! 😅

1 - 15 of 15 Posts