Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just hoping to attract some feedback about production runs for Petrol engine spec Velars ....particularly the P250 and P300 models.
I have seen mention on other threads here about delays with no build dates being allocated for those who have a petrol order.
Anyone who reads this and has ordered and is waiting for a petrol spec velar, please post here which engine, when you ordered and what if any build date you have been allocated - also what country you're in.
Hoping that the collective pool of information will enable the puzzle to be pieced together ! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered a P380 which was built in September and will be arriving into Sydney in November if that is some help. Ask your dealer for the vista sheet for your build as it should have cut off and build dates

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, thats the general impression I get, apart from an early run of P250 engines, that mostly went to USA and a few to UK and Europe, further production of 4 cylinder petrol engines seems to have been put back.
My dealer in Australia says that the USA market is taking up nearly all the production allocation for petrol engines - and since they are such a big market for JLR, they are giving them priority.
Created this thread to see if that theory was borne out - so far seems like its true !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I ordered a P250 in July, my dealer told me yesterday that it will be built next week and Delivery will be end of october. But when I called France dealers, they told me that for 2017 they will not have any petrol, only diesel.

Hope it will help.

PS : my order was in Lexembourg, not France

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Fatmanz - you're the first person I've heard of with a delivery date for a P300 ..... what country are you in ? .... Please keep us updated on your delivery and look forward to hearing about your actual driving impression of the P300 engine especially its performance and real driving fuel consumption.
I have also ordered a P300 ... But from down under ..... So no delivery expected until around March 2018 !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered P250 R-SE in August, changed to P300 in September. Dealer told me that the car will arrive to Vietnam at the end of December, ready for delivery (after local custom and regulation checking) in late Jan or early Feb. Similar delivery time for both petro engines.

·
Registered
104 Posts
melbarro said:
Hi Fatmanz - you're the first person I've heard of with a delivery date for a P300 ..... what country are you in ? .... Please keep us updated on your delivery and look forward to hearing about your actual driving impression of the P300 engine especially its performance and real driving fuel consumption.
I have also ordered a P300 ... But from down under ..... So no delivery expected until around March 2018 !
I'm in the UK. My D300 had a delivery date towards the end of October so there may be a bit of a delay with the petrol engines as some are saying.

In any case I don't really trust anything my dealership tells me about delivery dates, the JLR ordering system seems to have been designed to maximise ambiguity. Every time I receive an email from them with a PDF attached of a scanned piece of paper, I die a little inside....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been told a variety of dates for the P300. First that it was Jan/Feb 2018. Then that it was Oct 2017. Then that this had slipped to Nov 2017. I get the impression that no-one knows. Fingers crossed that there's definite news soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts