Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned on this site before, my P250 SE was due to be built by 21/7 and delivery next week according to my dealer, although I was expecting it in September.
However JLR have confirmed that they are now only manufacturing Diesel engines until October and then will produce petrol engines.
My order will now only be built in December. This information came today direct from the factory to my dealer who was unaware of any delays.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think it's because they thought more people will order the petrols due to all the bad press but they ended up getting many more Diesel orders instead! All the road reviews have also liked the D300 much more than the P380 due to the torque factor - the D300 is the pick of the bunch in almost all the reviews I have read.

This is probably why they are concentrating on producing more diesel engines to catch up!

·
Registered
534 Posts
This cannot be entirely accurate. They don't even offer the diesel engines in the US aside from the very base model P180, and I doubt they're going to launch it with that model only...it's not going to be a very popular one here. Maybe all petrol builds are North American bound at the moment? Strange story.

JLR is a mess though. I know on the the Jaguar side, many people had ordered the 340hp V6 models and at the last minute, well after their orders were locked, were told their cars were coming with the new 300hp turbo4 instead. Why launch an updated '2018' (USA model year) model with an engine choice that's going to be phased out, then cancel it abruptly after you've taken orders. Such poor management.

Who knows what's really going on. Supposedly my car is built, so thankfully I don't have to worry about it.

I still think what I predicted earlier is happening. They built a small amount of P250s, and the P300 will replace the P250. Maybe they've ended production of the P250 Velar already and in October the P300 production will start. I bet people ordering P250s now will be forced up to the P300 at some point. We'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.