Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Velar D240 in silicon silver yesterday from WGC LR, first impressions massively impressed.
Salesman wasn't the greatest at showing the toys especially when i noticed that raising the air suspension to mud and ruts was only lifting the back of the car up! a few more goes of down then up and eventually the front started lifting albeit slower than the rear of the car. Should have left the car there at that point but too keen to drive home and play with it.
Anyway on the drive home a hazard warning light showing the car in hill decent with the message 'slow down' appeared on screen.
So disappointed, then without warning the drivers side only of the windscreen completely misted over! to the point i could barely see the road but for leaning to my left to look out the passenger side. I hit the demister button and it cleared the screen but this is a crazy fault.
Anyway called land rover assist and they sent an AA man out who was miffed by everything and said speak to Land Rover in the morning, they are on route to pick up the car. Haven't even had a chance to play with it,I could cry.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Terrible feedback. I hope LR sorts things quickly for you Broxvelar. NIce colour and wheels.

I am getting my delivery next tuesday... cross fingers

·
Registered
20 Posts
broxvelar-I feel your pain, and then some. picked up my first edition on august 28. the lower screen went out 5 days later and it's been parked back at the dealer ever since. they've applied all software/firmware updates and had finally even told by LR technical that it needs the imc (infotainment master controller) replaced but they had no eta on getting the part in. yesterday my service dept updated me that they still haven't seen that a part has been shipped and that LR technical has requested more videos of what's happening with the screen. i've finally reported the issue to customer service so I have a case number. but a case number is all i have. as of this coming tuesday my new velar will have been at service for one month. I certainly hope you fair better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
surface51 said:
broxvelar-I feel your pain, and then some. picked up my first edition on august 28. the lower screen went out 5 days later and it's been parked back at the dealer ever since. they've applied all software/firmware updates and had finally even told by LR technical that it needs the imc (infotainment master controller) replaced but they had no eta on getting the part in. yesterday my service dept updated me that they still haven't seen that a part has been shipped and that LR technical has requested more videos of what's happening with the screen. i've finally reported the issue to customer service so I have a case number. but a case number is all i have. as of this coming tuesday my new velar will have been at service for one month. I certainly hope you fair better.
That's terrible news! I hope you have been given a worthy replacement in the meantime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wow - I can't believe these reports.. definitely something I'll bring up prior to signing on delivery for any concessions. Keep us posted! Very sorry and hope they get on these cases asap. Some bad press could be brewing if this is more prevalent, and I don't know that JLR can afford any more dings on their reliability perception with something as high profile a launch as the Velar has been.

I just joined so I'm not up to speed yet.. have there been other issues reported (will search forum too) upon delivery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
surface51 said:
Did they give you a loaner in the meantime?

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes, my dealer gave me a 2016 evoque as a loaner, which i've been driving since sept. 4.

my dealership has been great and doing all they can, but LR corp has really been dragging their feet in finding a solution. i did get an update last night... dealership manager called to tell me my part (infotainment master controller) is supposed to be in by oct. 12. I'm hoping that fixes it-otherwise things will have to escalate, as by that time my new FE will have been with me for 5 short days and sitting at service for almost a month and a half.

i get the sense (from my dealership) that this is NOT limited to only my velar... i certainly hope that it's few and far between, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts