·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very nice pics! . . . Good to see. I really like many features of the design and the interior, but (there's always a "but") I am astonished that the rear left hand side of the tailgate appears to have the 'usual' alignment issues that we know and love(!) from the Evoque and, more recently on the Jag side of the business, the F-Pace . . pics #5 and #23, 24 and 27; it's quite unbelievable that they can't even get that sorted out for a display model at Geneva! :roll:

I don't think I could be persuaded to spec a light coloured steering wheel, it just wouldn't stand the test of time with use in a rural setting; not when I have to open gates along my half-mile access track in the rain, just not practical.

Very pleased to see that they have finally adopted a retracting rear parcel 'shelf' for the Velar, rather than the annoying rigid shelf I had on my Evoque (and also have on the F-Pace), much more practical when it can just be rolled away.

·
Registered
125 Posts
At the Design Museum last weekend they mentioned the shut lines on this demo car. Its the same one now in Geneva. This will be put right once production ramps up.
The car in your pics is of course a First Edition so different, more mud appropriate colours will be available haha!
Thanks so much for posting these pics...really enjoyed them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shocking that they put a display car out looking like that with the shut lines so bad,I was going to have a look at it but won't even bother now ,it's out the same factory as the fpace that I had and sent back !! I got mine 6 month after launch and this is what I got ,and there still coming out like this !
I would stay well clear unless you want your car in the dealership more often than its on the road
The boot picture is AFTER a fix lol so is obviously not an easy fix
Jlr DO NOT treat you well if you have a valid complaint ,great design again but looks poorly put together
View attachment 71 View attachment 71 View attachment 71 View attachment 71 View attachment 71 View attachment 71

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.