Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interesting, 2.10e came through to my car 1 month ago. Just had 2.1.3 installed OTA. Suspect this is getting ready for PIVI Pro 3.0, which hopefully will be able to do what previous version haven't done - work as advertised.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have to say my version works flawlessly, after the obligatory media reset, everything loaded back up.
Profile, Spotify, parking pay, no glitches, access mode, and seems to start instantly, no lag, can't complain so far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
lfoggy said:
Since the 2.1.3 update I have had the parking camera intermittently say 'Camera not available'. Hope this is a temporary problem....
I've had this since 2.1.0. Don't you just love Pivi Pro?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snipperty said:
Interesting, 2.10e came through to my car 1 month ago. Just had 2.1.3 installed OTA. Suspect this is getting ready for PIVI Pro 3.0, which hopefully will be able to do what previous version haven't done - work as advertised.
Ah, so I still have another biggish update to recieve yet, wonder why my one is around a month behind.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, for me, this is the first time I've had the car that I ordered!!

At last, all the faults seem to have disappeared, and all the options I ordered now work. I can actually feel the warm glow of receiving a brand new car coming on, although eight months late! (Car delivered in December).

Pivi 2.1.0 gave me WiFi hotspot for the first time, although very unstable, left door mirror returning to normal position after reversing, seat memory working properly, correct display of rear differential locking status on middle screen (always worked on driver's screen), more reliable access height function and several other minor things.

Pivi 2.1.3 has given me STABLE WiFi hotspot and I now have the little moving arrows showing when the Air Suspension changes height.

Massive improvement all round, just eight months late!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
been away from the forums for a while and first post I saw was this !!!! On my way out the door to do the update. WIll post results.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine updated earlier in week. AC still intermittently not working. LOck car and then unlock and it'll work, so not a physical problem. Passenger mirror problem has been there since new - need to check it again.

Occasionally I have lost the cameras as well - so far so good.

Even when left in EV mode, car often starts in Hybrid and sometimes deosn't allow EV mode until restart.

·
Registered
96 Posts
since 2.1.3 Ive had a few quirks including intermittent parking camera not working and the usb ports being inactive. Did a reset (volume button for 30 seconds) and all these issues are resolved. All working as it should now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lfoggy said:
since 2.1.3 Ive had a few quirks including intermittent parking camera not working and the usb ports being inactive. Did a reset (volume button for 30 seconds) and all these issues are resolved. All working as it should now.
There was another update downloaded last night, so will find out what that was and included this morning.
Seems the important thing to remember is to carry out a media reset after an update.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Checked the update today 2.1.3, no change that I can tell. Not much info on the update either other than that it's in preparation for the next update.
So wonder what that will be, anyone know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
ABZBOB said:
Checked the update today 2.1.3, no change that I can tell. Not much info on the update either other than that it's in preparation for the next update.
So wonder what that will be, anyone know?
The next update you receive will be incremental, I received "2.1.3a" only a couple of days ago. Which is stated to include transmission and drivetrain enhancements. Although it does sound like (based on 2.1.3 release notes) they are prepping for something larger scale. I am hoping it's wireless CarPlay, like most other premium brands already have!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Chelsea - I wouldn't hold my breath about wireless CarPlay as you don't have a charge mat. Buy a Car2Play, they work seamless and you can use the cable if you need a charge.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wivenhoe said:
Chelsea - I wouldn't hold my breath about wireless CarPlay as you don't have a charge mat. Buy a Car2Play, they work seamless and you can use the cable if you need a charge.
Completely agree - I think wireless CarPlay would need more than a software update. I also have CarPlay2Air in my current Mercedes and works flawlessly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a few articles that do say wireless connectivity is coming.

E.g. "And Land Rover is promising wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity in the coming months. Both systems, which will no longer require a device to be plugged in to function correctly, will soon be available via over-the-air updates"

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
MY2021 Velar P340 Portofino Blue
9 Posts
I seem to “stuck” at version 2.1.0. Is there something I can do to move things along? I have had the vehicle since October 2021. All my connectivity settings appear to be enabled. I realize that some updates happen in background and others require intervention. Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I seem to “stuck” at version 2.1.0. Is there something I can do to move things along? I have had the vehicle since October 2021. All my connectivity settings appear to be enabled. I realize that some updates happen in background and others require intervention. Thoughts? Thanks!
The updates seem to be coming by VIN number batch. Other than that make sure your car is parked in a place with either a good wi-fi connection (and is connected) or a good 4G signal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts