Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having dithered a bit originally but confirming the order at the end of May I was told a delivery of mid October. I got a phone call on Monday to tell me it was available this Friday! Slightly rushed rearrangement of insurance and clearing out of part ex vehicle follows :) Good timing as I have a long drive from the South East to Scotland due in a week's time so can thoroughly test the car out. One slight amusement - the allocated reg number is **67 VEL - coincidence I am sure! Final Spec is: P380 R-Dynamic HSE, Corris, Eclipse interior, 22" "style 9007 wheels , panoramic roof, HUD, matrix LED headlamps, and just about every option bar stuff for towing and upgraded sound! Feedback will follow!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thats going to be one sweet drive to SE Scotland.....Make sure you go the long way :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Delivery and hand over was an incident free and even enjoyable process, except for a pc connected re-boot of the Bluetooth being needed for my phone to work! Not the best weather for pics over here in Kent, but a couple of "snapshots" attached. The car has not been detailed/waxed or subjected to the horrors of dealer sold "paint protection systems". I will do a short version myself using high end products and then send it to near by local expert detailer for a proper job when time allows and I am happy to be parted from the car for a couple of days.

Done about 120 miles since delivery, mainly on smooth roads along the South Coast. First impressions, having come from a Cayenne S, incredibly smooth but responsive ride, slight feel of larger pot holes, but in no way harsh or unsettling (I also used to have a Maserati GTS so I guess anything short of shattered coccyx is ok :) ). Driver set up excellent, but until I am a little more familiar it will only be adjusted when stationary, as I don't feel a burning need to speak to my insurers :) Engine responsiveness is very good, low speed pick up not as energetic as the Cayenne, but that was the V8 s diesel, which had the torque to pull over small mountains (850Nm). The transmission is very smooth with changes pretty well seamless at most speeds, though a little more noticeable at low speed. Dynamic setting does make a noticeable difference, all positive ones in my book. Audio only played with a bit, but first impressions are very good though the Meridian factory set up is too bass heavy and a little over bright - took a moment to get it to as good as, if not better than, any car system I have ever heard. Seat set up takes a little time to get spot on- my fault for adding the 20 way option I suspect , but they are supportive and very comfy for a 6' 2" large frame! All in all, very happy so far! Thorough testing over the next week and fingers crossed for only positive news!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.