Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure it’s been asked a few times already, but what’s the consensus on here between PPF and ceramic coating?

Really want to protect the look of the Velar and also make it easier to keep clean etc.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

(Also, if anyone can recommend a company? I’m based in Buckinghamshire)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi luis88,

I've just collected mine from a combined PPF and Ceramic detail. The PPF was applied to everything gloss black (bumpers front/back, pillars, skirts, wing mirrors, front section of roof, spoiler and trim around lights. The only parts not wrapped were the black panaramic roof surround and window surrounds.

The ceramic I went with was Gyeon Syncro combination of MOHS x 2 layers and Skin. The ceramic was applied over the PPF also. Few pics below to demonstrate how well it has turned out it will never look this clean again :)

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive side marker light

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: luis88

·
Registered
231 Posts
I went with 5 year Gtechniq Ceramic Coating and EXO coating including to the black plastic. Mine is an all black car which is normally a bu**er to keep looking good without regular cleaning, but with the coating, particularly the EXO, it looks new and I have had it cleaned twice. If you get a coating the advice seems to be to never go to the hand or mechanical car washes as they used very aggressive chemicals which doesn’t go well with the coating.
Very happy with it, although it is only 6 months old. I had the leather coated as well and that looks absolutely brand new and I haven’t cleaned it / used wipes. The Detailer I used is in Essex so can’t advise anybody.

Reactions: luis88

·
Registered
20 Posts
Price all in was £1,500, which includes: Exterior PPF, Gyeon Syncro Ceramic and Interior detail with a combination of GTechniq products. Most of the cost is in the PPF.

We used a gloss black ppf rather than transparent which has provided a deeper black finish.

Also worth noting that the Gyeon Syncro Ceramic is a high grade consumer/professional install product and not a professional only install. Reviews seem to suggest it provides a comparative finish/longevity to the more expensive pro only grades, time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Price all in was £1,500, which includes: Exterior PPF, Gyeon Syncro Ceramic and Interior detail with a combination of GTechniq products. Most of the cost is in the PPF.

We used a gloss black ppf rather than transparent which has provided a deeper black finish.

Also worth noting that the Gyeon Syncro Ceramic is a high grade consumer/professional install product and not a professional only install. Reviews seem to suggest it provides a comparative finish/longevity to the more expensive pro only grades, time will tell I guess.
Thanks for this, as you say time will tell but I am sure it will prove robust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts