Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I can’t seem to get the preferred charging period to work on my new Velar 400e. I have set the preferred charging time to 0100 to 0645 to take advantage of the cheap rate electricity tariff. However when I plug in the charging cable in the evening it starts charging immediately and says it will be finished in approximately 4 to 5 hours. What am I doing wrong as I want it to delay the charging until the cheap rate tariff . In addition in the morning I notice that the dash screen says Error, although the car has been fully charged. The EV cable lights also confirm that the charge is complete and not charging. Upon removing the charging cable the Error sign disappears.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a new p400e too so still trying to work this, could you try setting a departure time, and there is an option on there regarding preferred charging time?. I couldn’t really understand the manual. I have a timer on my charger so I’m using that instead at the mo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The preferred charging period / departure time schedule doesn’t work on mine either - as you say it just charges as soon as you plug it in regardless of what schedule is set. The timed preconditioning in the same menu also doesn’t seem to work.

The timer on my wall charger is doing the job though it would be nice if the timed preconditioning worked to save having to go into the app at the right time on these cold mornings!

·
Registered
231 Posts
The preconditioning in the app is working ok on my car. Seems more reliable now it is heating rather than cooling in the summer !

·
Registered
61 Posts
The app is working fine for me. I couldn’t get the timed charging to work but I’ll try again, tried it a few times but ended up taking the plug in and out a few times which can’t be good. If someone could work out the process for timed charging and pre conditioning all in one that would be ideal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you saying that timed preconditioning is working for you?

My app has been working for preconditioning when you hold down the button to make it come on there and then but where you can set it in the schedule (same place you set preferred charging) it doesn’t seem to come on at the specified time.

All that said, as of this morning my app doesn’t work at all, it comes up saying “there is no active vehicle linked to your InControl account”.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine is set to charge at 02:00 but it charges as soon as I plug in unless i go into the menu and reset the preferred charging time immediately before switching off. I am hoping this bug is fixed soon....
My app works fine though. Half an hour before i want to leave i activate the preconditioning and car is defrosted and nice and warm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did notice some options in the settings area, if you go to

Settings > Apps > Preferred Charging Period

There’s a switch to turn it on/off and a switch to show charging summary at shutdown. One of the help texts there refers to needing to choose the charging period (presumably via the summary) at shutdown.

I’m using my charger’s schedule now but thought the above might help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts