Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody else observe price increases across the board or is this a specific, Swiss change? In the last 24 hours, prices have increased by 2% or more on all Velar models and most of the options. Some options are no for free (carpet :-( ) but in general everything got a bit more expensive

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just checked my build on the UK configurator. No change here.

Arianne

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're right. My Swiss local dealer informed me that prices will increase 2-3% due to EUR-CHF currency change. Strange reason...JLR HQ is out of euro zone. He advised me to place my order last week and that's what I did.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems that this is really a Swiss specific increase, didn't know that JLR is acting like a petrol company and taking the least currency change to adapt their price lists. Mine was ordered at the dealer but not yet locked in at JLR, so the fun of negotiations will begin soon. ;-)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Did not know about this price increase. However in July when I ordered, I noted that there was a slight difference (mainly on options) between online prices (via the car spec builder on line) and the official price list in pdf from web site.
The latter was a bit cheaper. This was confirmed by dealer himself, whose prices were the cheaper ones. I believe there was a currency issue between £ and €.

So check with the pdf price list and refer to this with your dealer and maybe you can get older prices. You never know...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Would I have seen a change in the residual figures? I'm sure my monthly payment went up from the initial quotes, with no changes in OTR price.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A bit annoying to see three different price bases in Switzerland at the moment. there is a difference between list price (cheapest) - configurator (medium, some items 0$ now) - dealer (highest price, no changes on options)

As good as I can understand that the downloadable price list is not yet up to date, I think it is not very serious to publish new prices on the configurator, which does not at all reflect the reality at the vendor.

Example: D300 HSE with some extras
- Price list: 110'000 CHF
- Configurator: 112'200 CHF
- Dealer: 114'800 CHF

·
Registered
295 Posts
I find it so weird that I did run once again our build on the land rover online configurator.

It gives me exactly the same price as the one I had in july when we ordered. See below sorry it 's in french:

Since there is no difference on web site prices between july and today, I suspect JLR to have their pricing policy made in €. this could explain that I see it stable when people in US$, Swiss Franc or even UK£ see changes ?

However there is one difference though, they updated the PDF price list. it was slightly cheaper on options when we ordered. I paid our total option 6171 € instead of the 6294 € that came from the web site.

NOUVEAU RANGE ROVER VELAR 68 100€
R-DYNAMIC SD180 PRIX DE BASE
TOTAL D'OPTIONS CONFIGURÉES
6 294€
74 394€
TOTAL
RÉCAPITULATIF DÉTAILLÉ
PERSONNALISATION
EXTÉRIEUR 5 430€
Gris Corris 936€
Jantes 20" à 7 branches « style 7014 » finition Gloss Black 1 571€
Toit couleur contrastée noir 676€