Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just picked up my new RR Velar D300 R-Dynamic HSE this morning and am already having problems with the Infotainment system.

Firstly, the map will not display on the instrument cluster. No matter what options I select. All that remains is a graphic of a Velar.

Secondly, when my iPhone 7 Plus is connected via cable I cannot select it as a source. It is showing it there, but it is greyed out. In fact, I've now got two sources both saying my iPhone, but both are greyed out. I can connect via Bluetooth, but that's it.

Does anyone know if you can do a reset on the software? I've contacted the dealership, but I'm impatient and want to try and resolve!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ive read on the F-Pace forum that this new software update somehow disabled iPhone USB support for some people, when it worked previously. I assume they'll fix it quickly. Insane to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, an update:

Upon getting back into the vehicle after some time, the map is now displaying on the instrument panel !

Also, I went and bought a new iPhone cable and that seems to have worked. Although, my last iPhone cable worked just fine in the last car - perhaps an odd coincidence.

Nevertheless, all appears to now be working.... fingers crossed it says that way!

Other than this hiccup, absolutely LOVE the car - amazing. I was concerned the ride height might not be that high, but actually, it's very good!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had the same problem with my Q7 also solved by buying a new Apple Lightening cable...

It seems these cables can be very faithful to one particular car....

Unlike us...😱😱😱

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dc44back said:
Had the same problem with my Q7 also solved by buying a new Apple Lightening cable...

It seems these cables can be very faithful to one particular car....

Unlike us...😱😱😱
Haha! This appears very true! I've told the garage, incase anybody else has the same issue - may have saved the car going back for a day of wasted problem solving, for the sake of a few quid on a new cable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone know if the cable can extend into the water bottle area from the arm rest sockets or do you have to keep your phone in the arm rest compartment? If not I guess I'll have to buy the iPhone charging accessory for one of the water bottle holders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depends on the length of your cable, but it can. There is a small gap in between the armrest lids and the catch area which is sufficient to allow a USB cable to be pulled out to the desired length/area.

I have an LR Qi wireless charger on back order which the dealer has now chucked in free due to Firmware issues on my D300 FE. This sits in the cupholder and can accommodate phones up to a maximum width of 73mm, including any cases. Expensive for what it is but convenient.

sb34300 said:
Upon getting back into the vehicle after some time, the map is now displaying on the instrument panel !
Have you checked with the dealer that your Firmware is completely up to date? Per mge.92's very helpful "Service Action" thread, several software updates were issued by LR on 1 August and afterwards to address various software related glitches.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zilver said:
Depends on the length of your cable, but it can. There is a small gap in between the armrest lids and the catch area which is sufficient to allow a USB cable to be pulled out to the desired length/area.

I have an LR Qi wireless charger on back order which the dealer has now chucked in free due to Firmware issues on my D300 FE. This sits in the cupholder and can accommodate phones up to a maximum width of 73mm, including any cases. Expensive for what it is but convenient.

sb34300 said:
Have you checked with the dealer that your Firmware is completely up to date? Per mge.92's very helpful "Service Action" thread, several software updates were issued by LR on 1 August and afterwards to address various software related glitches.
This is very helpful, thank you. Do you know if the car can download updates for the software? It appears to be an option in the Live menu, and it says mine is up to date, but not sure if this applies to the firmware?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Zilver said:

sb34300 said:
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
171 Posts
VelarMan said:
If you connect your car to wifi when it is in your garage or on the driveway it can download software updates over the air overnight - a JLR tech told me this.
If it ever works, got told the same with the Fpave but mine has not worked since February this year despite many visits to the dealer to resolve so I would not hold your breath.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sb34300 said:
Do you know if the car can download updates for the software? It appears to be an option in the Live menu, and it says mine is up to date, but not sure if this applies to the firmware?
VelarMan said:
If you connect your car to wifi when it is in your garage or on the driveway it can download software updates over the air overnight - a JLR tech told me this.
I believe the Live menu update option is solely for the Incontrol and associated Apps. A full vehicle Firmware update is a dealer only option, via plug-in and can take several hours. Personally, I would'nt risk vehicle OTA Firmware updates on a DIY basis, even if the functionalty was available. Given the Velar's heavy reliance on electronics, a corrupt file or an interrution in the web connection could lead to a whole host of issues.....

In the RRS, multiple presses of the Valet icon would allow access to the Factory/Service menu where one could check various pieces of data, including the instaled Firmware version. Does anyone know how to access this menu in the Velar?

·
Registered
558 Posts
And the first post on this forum, of several to follow, of ICTP and related issues.

It's fascinating to read these excited early adopters gradually discover they were dealing with something that could be very frustrating for some. Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts