Range Rover Velar Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spoke to my dealer again today, no change to my order, ordered early June, build 17th October including HUD. trying not to be sceptical, can't really say anymore. I may just be lucky.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bathonian said:
I spoke to my dealer again today, no change to my order, ordered early June, build 17th October including HUD. trying not to be sceptical, can't really say anymore. I may just be lucky.
Same story for me having been contacted by my dealer today. Build date is currently 10th September and confirmation has been received from JLR that I will be allocated a MY21 Velar with all options as ordered including HUD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same for me - I contacted my dealer today after reading this, and they confirmed verbally (and then at my request in writing) no change to the Edition model I have ordered, including the additional options I had added on - all still due to be built very early September.

That said, I have taken a full copy of the spec that the Edition "used" to have, as my original build link was still working, and I'll make sure that on the delivery day, all the standard things I expect to receive are present - the MY22 Edition strips the offering right back, so I'll be irritated if a few things somehow don't make it onto my vehicle.

I get the impression its JLR Head Office not communicating this very well with dealers - that's why I can see my dealer genuinely telling me the above and believing it (as do I) yet the head office would tell the factory to do something different to a build (e.g. remove the 3D camera!) - I guess if that does happen, I'll not accept it!

Delivery ought to be end September, so will keep this forum updated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Good to hear/read that there actually are some customers getting what they did order.

Is there anyone with an order date of late last year who is affected by this MY21-22 shift?
This seems to be the „normal" case for continental Europe orders of the p400e (like mine).

·
Registered
449 Posts
sebastiandeluxe said:
Is there anyone with an order date of late last year who is affected by this MY21-22 shift?
This seems to be the „normal" case for continental Europe orders of the p400e (like mine).
We ordered in November in continental Europe and got our P400e in Mai after a delay of 3 weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Seems like the majority of you all are the lucky ones!

Perhaps as I went through a leasing company as opposed to a main dealer. Unfortunately, the 'same' car for me in MY22 is going to be about £8k more expensive with the need to spec things like electronic air suspension, Meridian 3D sound etc. JLR seems a total mess though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My last date to change on Vista sheet today and JLR main dealer sent through to me for final check. All as ordered back in May at same price points except HUD removed (as he had told me a few weeks ago). I mentioned what others on here have said about getting it and he checked with JLR HQ and said HUD was not available and could not be added. Order now fixed and awaiting delivery 3rd Dec after entering build on 29th Oct.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is no pattern. My dealer was pretty open about his orders, some customers are getting their car as they ordered, some have changed.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Was in the local JLR dealer this morning and overheard that one of their customers that was due their car next week will now have to be notified it has gone back 3 weeks (I think they said) and will not include HUD, unfortunately couldn't fully hear the conversation so not sure what car (J or LR) they were discussing.

Was also told that if I wanted an I-Pace HSE it would not have HUD or 3D cameras as JLR are unable to get these parts for all their vehicles and delivery would not be until Feb or Mar next year at the earliest.

I'm guessing, but I am expecting similar stories from all car makers :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lucky mine refused to refund or move missing parts from my 21 order to my 22 car

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered my Velar back in June and my dealer stated today that he still expects a mid-October delivery. Anyway, he also confirmed that my car will come with everything set out in my Vista Sheet that I got as part of Update 1 or 2.

I specifically asked him to confirm that the 3D Camera and 3D Meridian system that is/was a standard feature on my ordered P400e RD SE will be fitted and at no extra cost. He confirmed that as being correct and only new and recent orders that will get MY22 cars will see all this additions/deletions to the standard specification list.

I only spec'd the White Velar with Black Pack, Black Roof, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels and Configurable Dynamics so maybe that has ensured a 'speedy' build date?!?

I hope he is correct otherwise I'm not sure I will complete the purchase.
Sems I missed out I ordered 21 car now getting 22 car with missing 3d meridian, missing spare tyre and missing gesture on tail gate. And they won't move over or refund any of it told me to ask jlr direct shocking

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sems I missed out I ordered 21 car now getting 22 car with missing 3d meridian, missing spare tyre and missing gesture on tail gate. And they won't move over or refund any of it told me to ask jlr direct shocking
Emailed jlr tonight lets see what they say

21 - 32 of 32 Posts