Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Pushed orders to MY22, previously standard features are now charged extra!

8K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  petebarnes16 
#1 ·
Anyone in my boat? Had a p400 on order and got delayed to MY22 meaning a price increase.

But I've also noticed on the configurator now that electronic air suspension is a £1,000 optional extra which if I didn't have would have received the vehicle with a coil one.

Livid with their whole handling of this and this type of
Sneaky shit. No way I will be ordering a car from them now. Thieves

#2 ·
Just went through and did a very quick comparison, and i'm sure there's things I've missed. But the below features were included as STANDARD previously with the R-DYNAMIC SEP400 AWD AUTOMATIC MHEV and are now optional extras:

Headlight power wash - £210
Meridian 3D surroud sound system - £630
Electronic Air Suspension - £1,165
3D Surround Camera - £630

So let me get this straight: JLR delay orders continually and offer no price protection on already placed orders, increase the MY22 prices (I am semi understanding to this point), but then on top of those increases expect you to pay thousands of pounds extra for previous features you were going to have as standard?!

Get to ****.

Is it only me irked about this or has nobody noticed till now?!

#3 ·
If they are confident that someone will come along and take that allocation at a higher margin then they'll sit back. It may go to someone who has dropped out of a BMW/MB/Audi deal for similar reasons.
Of course the dealership should be customer focussed and get you to a win/win on where JLR have left you. I hope they do that.

#4 ·
Did you check the option prices against the 'packs'. On my order they have removed packs and listed some of the options separately. Did not increase overall price though. Ordered May and build date 31/10

#5 ·
So, I was re-quoted by the lease company with the same paid options and the price increase over the three years was around £800 which was acceptable. I assume that was just a general increase due to the chip shortages, price of metals increasing, etc.

Its just that as I said the MY22 vehicles now seem to have removed a lot of the standard features I would have previously expected, so if I wouldn't have noticed that then I am assuming I would have got a '22 Velar without Headlight power wash, Electronic air suspension, 3D Meridian sound pack, etc.

I emailed my contact this morning and he was completely unaware of this and had not been informed of any changes to the cars from the dealer. He is going to contact them and come back to me. I will post that in here for everyone.

#11 ·
Wivenhoe said:
I am still annoyed that they removed steering assist, despite it being in the current brochure when I ordered. Seems it was only omitted for a few months
It was a very strange maneuver. No explanation whatsoever. Thought perhaps they had too many complaints, so pulled it to work on the system until it was improved, but pure speculation.

#12 ·
Sorry Velar84 - I wasn't aware you had ordered through an intermediary (lease company). My experience (a good one) was direct with Land Rover dealer.

#13 ·
I ordered my Velar back in June and my dealer stated today that he still expects a mid-October delivery. Anyway, he also confirmed that my car will come with everything set out in my Vista Sheet that I got as part of Update 1 or 2.

I specifically asked him to confirm that the 3D Camera and 3D Meridian system that is/was a standard feature on my ordered P400e RD SE will be fitted and at no extra cost. He confirmed that as being correct and only new and recent orders that will get MY22 cars will see all this additions/deletions to the standard specification list.

I only spec'd the White Velar with Black Pack, Black Roof, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels and Configurable Dynamics so maybe that has ensured a 'speedy' build date?!?

I hope he is correct otherwise I'm not sure I will complete the purchase.

#31 ·
I ordered my Velar back in June and my dealer stated today that he still expects a mid-October delivery. Anyway, he also confirmed that my car will come with everything set out in my Vista Sheet that I got as part of Update 1 or 2.

I specifically asked him to confirm that the 3D Camera and 3D Meridian system that is/was a standard feature on my ordered P400e RD SE will be fitted and at no extra cost. He confirmed that as being correct and only new and recent orders that will get MY22 cars will see all this additions/deletions to the standard specification list.

I only spec'd the White Velar with Black Pack, Black Roof, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels and Configurable Dynamics so maybe that has ensured a 'speedy' build date?!?

I hope he is correct otherwise I'm not sure I will complete the purchase.
Sems I missed out I ordered 21 car now getting 22 car with missing 3d meridian, missing spare tyre and missing gesture on tail gate. And they won't move over or refund any of it told me to ask jlr direct shocking

#14 ·
It's the extra tech elements that require the semi-conductor micro chips that are causing the problem. So hopefully your build will go through okay.

#15 ·
I've been following this post with interest as I'm now 5 months (order was placed in March 21) and 5 revised "Vista" build dates into my Velar saga. I've been informed once again today by my dealership, that the build date has been amended from next Friday (27th August) to 10th September. Picking up on DonSimondo's post above, this appears a carbon copy of what my dealer is stating although I'm losing trust in the whole channel of communication from JLR to the dealer network to the customer and can see that I'm not alone from reading the certain other forum posts. The biggest sticking point from my perspective has been the lack of any proactive or timely communication/update from JLR/dealer side throughout the last 5 months. Specifically grating is the fact that 3 times now I've had to chase an update on the confirmed build date 1 week before the designated Vista production slot to be told that dates have slipped yet again.

Looking for some positives I will say that this is a great forum and community that has been hugely useful to me when deciding on spec and searching for current updates/developments .

The Spec of the car I'm awaiting is a Firenze Red P400e R-Dynamic HSE with options including: Black Pack, Black Roof, Front Fog Lights, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Oyster/Ebony Interior, Meridian Signature Reference Audio, HUD, Dynamic Handling Pack, Convenience Pack, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Hot Climate Pack, Privacy Glass.

#16 ·
Chris82 - Are you still expecting HUD? Everyone (including me) that I have heard has said HUD has gone not only for remainder of MY21 but BBC also MY22.

Pretty much same across other brands too though!

#17 ·
JDPRRUK said:
Chris82 - Are you still expecting HUD? Everyone (including me) that I have heard has said HUD has gone not only for remainder of MY21 but BBC also MY22.

Pretty much same across other brands too though!
I called out the HUD removal forum posts to my dealer (Stratstone) 3 weeks ago and was informed that there has been no change to my order (other than the continuously pushed back build date).

I also received an updated Vista form that shows HUD is still in place. Agree though that it does seem strange that everybody else has been told otherwise, I'm not holding out much hope tbh.

I'm due another update next week so will update if things change.

#18 ·
I asked the same specific question based on everybody else's issues with HUD but got told my order wasn't affected by this and HUD is still on it. Not sure really, I've got a good relationship with the dealer as he's a friend of a friend but he's gone quiet this week! So I'll have to see

#19 ·
Fingers crossed for you. It maybe they allocated what hud units they had based on order date? My order wasn't until mid May.

#22 ·
Bathonian said:
I spoke to my dealer again today, no change to my order, ordered early June, build 17th October including HUD. trying not to be sceptical, can't really say anymore. I may just be lucky.
Same story for me having been contacted by my dealer today. Build date is currently 10th September and confirmation has been received from JLR that I will be allocated a MY21 Velar with all options as ordered including HUD.

#23 ·
Same for me - I contacted my dealer today after reading this, and they confirmed verbally (and then at my request in writing) no change to the Edition model I have ordered, including the additional options I had added on - all still due to be built very early September.

That said, I have taken a full copy of the spec that the Edition "used" to have, as my original build link was still working, and I'll make sure that on the delivery day, all the standard things I expect to receive are present - the MY22 Edition strips the offering right back, so I'll be irritated if a few things somehow don't make it onto my vehicle.

I get the impression its JLR Head Office not communicating this very well with dealers - that's why I can see my dealer genuinely telling me the above and believing it (as do I) yet the head office would tell the factory to do something different to a build (e.g. remove the 3D camera!) - I guess if that does happen, I'll not accept it!

Delivery ought to be end September, so will keep this forum updated.

#26 ·
Seems like the majority of you all are the lucky ones!

Perhaps as I went through a leasing company as opposed to a main dealer. Unfortunately, the 'same' car for me in MY22 is going to be about £8k more expensive with the need to spec things like electronic air suspension, Meridian 3D sound etc. JLR seems a total mess though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.