Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to order a r dynamic d180 in silicon silver with contrast roof and 21" satin grey wheels and full black interior (2 young children) Would have loved to have gone with a bigger engine and air suspension but already at my limit.
Only thing I'm not sure on yet is the interior trim choice pinstripe etc as dealer doesn't have samples yet and Internet pictures arnt great. Has any one received there's yet and able to post a pic of the charcoal ash or pinstripe?
Also tempted to add on extended leather

·
Registered
18 Posts
I test drove a HSE with what looked like Piano finish against black leather. (very nice but will have swirl marks all over once cleaned)

I've also got a 2-year-old so had no other option but to go with the black interior but I've left the standard silver trim as it works well with the rest of the metals around the dash IMO.

The dealership should be able to show you the other finishes on other JLR models in the showroom if they don't have them on the Velar.

I would 100% upgrade to the extended leather ( I have ) it will make the car feel so much more premium (more RR)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes did look into cutting back on wheels size to improve engine size but still quite a lot more money. I'm sure I could go with a velar s in standard form with small wheels but would not be happy with lack of options and the look of the car. I originally speced an S with a few options digital dash, 21" wheels, r dynamic it was cheaper to upgrade to a SE and get a lot more thrown in options such as blind spot, matrix headlights and the digital dash as standard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Md6410 said:
I test drove a HSE with what looked like Piano finish against black leather. (very nice but will have swirl marks all over once cleaned)

I've also got a 2-year-old so had no other option but to go with the black interior but I've left the standard silver trim as it works well with the rest of the metals around the dash IMO.

The dealership should be able to show you the other finishes on other JLR models in the showroom if they don't have them on the Velar.

I would 100% upgrade to the extended leather ( I have ) it will make the car feel so much more premium (more RR)
I think the interior finishes are different to the rest of the range as the girl we spoke to was very clued up and said the samples were not in yet. I could be wrong

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been reading with interest all the comments on wheels over the last few weeks. There seems to be an obsession with size!
I've not long retired after 30 plus years of running mainly German cars. It took me 3 attempts with Porsche to realise British roads do not suit big wheels helped by their Silverstone expert drivers.
My last BMW was an X5 which I was able to test on different wheels. Big wheels crippled the ride.
If you drive lovely flat motorways then enjoy.
If it's kerb appeal then fine but if it's for the real enjoyment of driving, avoid them like the plague.
I mentioned this before the press reviews and they seem to agree.
I've gone for 20" as this runs a 50 profile which is a good balance.
Just my view but for me how it rides is the most important element.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm willing to lose a little ride comfort for the look of big wheels as I won't be doing very long journeys and probably only drive it a few times a week due to me having a van for work. Will most likely be used most for dropping the kids a school 2 miles down the road 🙈

1 - 8 of 8 Posts