Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rob
Thanks for pics you posted - I'm due to go and visit tomorrow (Thursday) and hope I don't find it to small as I've just placed an order and placed a £6k deposit ! Have you compared the Velar to the new discovery ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new to the Land Rover world and have been an Audi TT fan for the last 2 years
After so many complaints from friends and family I decided to venture into the LR showroom in a Lewes. I know it's Sabline to rediculas but I fell in love with the new discovery. Placed my order for the HSE at mear £62k. 5 days later stumbled across the Velar on line and changed my mind and switched my order - even without seeing her in the flesh. Oh I have omitted to say I changed the discovery order 8 times and drove the poor salesman mad ( Peter ) with my indecisions but felt I had made the right choice as "did I really need a 7 seater beast" compared to what I was used to with a TT that took 2 medium size adults under 6' and a midget in the back !!!!! Obviously I've amended my Velar order a few times now but happy with what I've finally gone for. The R-Dynamic SE D240 in Kaikoure Stone with additional Air suspension and 22" Wheels.
Now all I have to do is sit back and wait till September for it to arrive. I've now promised the garage I will not make any change as it was driving me mad with indicisions and obviously the poor sales guy.
BUT! .........! After reading some posts on Twitter saying it's much smaller then expected, pictures are nothing in the flesh compared to the design museum launch, added to a comment that the finish inside was lower quality with a lot of plastic compared to the Discovery HSE all makes me think I should switch back to the New Discovery !!!!! I wish I had never read the reviews and seriously think I need locking up !!! I'm going to view the Velar tomorrow in Canary Wharf with my daughter and pray to god I'm going to love it. If it's not up to expectation it looks like another call to poor Peter in Lewes :eek:(
Is there anybody else as bad as me I wonder !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks OK, but the problem with black is that you can't really see the contours and the clean lines of the car, it becomes just another black car!
Do you know if the same car is visiting the other UK venues this month?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Smaller than an XF :0

I have a RRS and an Evoque and I have seen and sat in a Velar at the launch on 1st March and at Solihull last weekend. It's only 5cm smaller than a RRS and much bigger than the Evoque. I think you may want to go have another look :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for that VelarMan.

I've owned Evoques and they were OK, wanted a bigger engine though, as the RRS which I driven quite a few were too big for my OH, so hopefully the RRV will be just right.

Damn that Black looks good, but having owned three Santorini's I vowed never to have another Black car (too much effort required to maintain showroom finish look, plus I hate swirl marks which really show up on black cars - all my cars are professionally detailed, crystal coating prior to collection and I use a multitude of cleaning products, two buckets, microfibre mitts, water purifier for rinsing, blaster drying machine and not to forget the steps for getting up to the roof!) so Indus with contrast Black roof is on the cards at the mo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.