Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of the press are in Norway driving the Velar this week. Press reviews go live on Sunday, until then some pics that have been posted so far.

Attachments

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great pics Rob! Just came back from my dealer to get on update on my build and he just came back from Colorado where they were able to drive the car on and off road. He wasn't allowed to show me pictures or videos from the event yet but did say that banks were also on hand to determine residuals and what not. Most US dealers are going to be trained on the Velar at the end of July.

He was able to tell me that the 380 V6 sounds nothing like the F-Pace, much more muted and refined, but will growl under hard acceleration. Can't wait to read the press reviews.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Trollstigen Pass in Norway. Drove it in Summer 2016. Probably the most frightening road we have traversed. More dangerous than any alpine pass we have done in recent years.

Last year, a coach tumbled off over the parapet and crushed some passengers as it fell down into the road below. When we visited the chaos on this road meant we stopped just before the bridge by the waterfall and waited until things eased up above. Coaches cannot make the hairpins without reversing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3716051/1-killed-2-seriously-injured-bus-skids-Norway-road.html

Fabulous video. Thanks for posting. It made Mrs A's evening. She loved Norway despite it being eye-wateringly expensive!

Oh, forgot. We have a D300 R-dynamic coming in September, ordered in May 2017.

Best wishes,

Arianne (migrant from the F-Pace forum after rejecting that car and previously on the Volvo XC60 forum).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scores a 110 on the Cool Factor!

Definitely the star of the group, the Defender defends its bloodline as the patriarch of the group.
Makes all other cars feel... inadequate parked next to it on the ferry, especially my little Justy, but then I remember something, only an old guy like me would, from long ago:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.