Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

just trying to finalise my spec before build.......

I watched the latest Car Buyer youtube review and when he pulled the rear arm rest down there were a few usb sockets present.
Are these standard? as I'm sure the upgrade pack 2 and 3 just gives 2 sockets down in the centre of the footwell.......

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Any help gratefully received!

Ranger4

·
Registered
421 Posts
Power Socket Pack 2‡
Provides two additional USB charge points in the second row. ( Looks like the two near the AC)

Power Socket Pack 3∆
Provides two additional USB charge points in the second row
and one additional 12V socket in the front. (Should be the two in the rear armrest)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was assuming that pack 3 gives to same two usb (near the AC/vent) and the additional 12V in the front, so am a bit confused about the 2 usb that I saw in the rear armrest.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Power pack 2 adds the two usb near the ac in the second row.

Power pack 3 adds two more usb to the second row in the armrest.

Power pack two image
Automotive lighting Vehicle door Tints and shades Gas Automotive exterior

Without Power pack package
Grey Floor Gas Flooring Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
No problem, hardest part was finding the photos from cars that were for sale lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think the ones in the armrest are standard. One pack offers the two additional in the rear console, the other is slightly more expensive and adds the additional front outlet and the two in the rear console. You can't select both packages, just one or the other..meaning both add the same additional rear sockets.

·
Registered
421 Posts
KRG said:
I think the ones in the armrest are standard. One pack offers the two additional in the rear console, the other is slightly more expensive and adds the additional front outlet and the two in the rear console. You can't select both packages, just one or the other..meaning both add the same additional rear sockets.
You could be right but from my best guess that is what I interpreted from reading both the catalog and finding pictures of cars for sale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just wondering if the 2 rear usb sockets get moved to the armrest if you have spec'd 4 way climate? The rear console in the Car Buyer vid (with 4 way climate) appears to have only a 12v socket below.

·
Registered
421 Posts
4 way climate has no affect on the usb sockets

·
Registered
534 Posts
mge.92 said:
KRG said:
You could be right but from my best guess that is what I interpreted from reading both the catalog and finding pictures of cars for sale.
It just wouldn't make sense that you can't spec both packages of they are in fact different. From my interpretation they're the same package, one just includes the front outlet as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My salesman just confirmed/told me/believes that power pack 3 gives you a total of 4 usb in the back. So power pack 3 is "in addition to" pack 2.

Strange that in the Car Buyer vid there is only a 12V socket below the air-con, but perhaps the USBs are out of shot? Either that, or he's reviewing a pre-prod model?

you can see a close up at 3m 28s................

Anyhow, thanks everybody. Almost there!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ranger4 said:
My salesman just confirmed/told me/believes that power pack 3 gives you a total of 4 usb in the back. So power pack 3 is "in addition to" pack 2.

Strange that in the Car Buyer vid there is only a 12V socket below the air-con, but perhaps the USBs are out of shot? Either that, or he's reviewing a pre-prod model?

you can see a close up at 3m 28s................

Anyhow, thanks everybody. Almost there!
Why do you assume that car has the power pack? Prob doesn't have it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all
I thought the USB sockets in the back armrest are standard. I ordered the power pack 2 with my car. I don't have this sockets in the armrest, or I incompetent to find this sockets. I pretty sure that the power pack 3 only adds the additional 12 V socket in the front.
I wonder how is it possible to order these sockets in the back armrest? Fortunately I ordered the power pack 2. I don't Need 4 USB sockets in the back. But two of them are usefull.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts