Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It's no big deal but the menu on my Incontrol Remote App (Iphone app) does not have the section where you can start the engine to get heat or aircon before enterring the car.

I do have the rest , safety, tracks, data, etc

Am I the only one missing this ? searching on the web, it seems that this is not available for all models.

there seem to be a premium version of the app for former evoques ?

anyway, not not being able to remotely start the engine on a Velar seems odd

I did send an email to CRC in France, but no response so far

any clue ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ludo said:
Hi all,

It's no big deal but the menu on my Incontrol Remote App (Iphone app) does not have the section where you can start the engine to get heat or aircon before enterring the car.

Am I the only one missing this ? searching on the web, it seems that this is not available for all models.

any clue ?
Did you order it? Automotive design Gadget Font Audio equipment Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Remote Start is available in the UK. Jaguar F-Pace owners have it and I can confirm it does indeed work. You don't need the auxiliary heater as an option as it has nothing to do with that unit.

I have the screen on my iPad. I have tried to use it but there is an error because it says a window is open, which there isn't. I have had this on my F-Pace and the window control module just needs resetting. It's a simple job of holding the window buttons in a sequence on the driver's door and then it will reset and the Remote Start will work. I just haven't had time to do that yet!

Check with your dealer. Maybe you need Premium Remote to make this function work but I am not sure. Your dealer will know. JLR cars have had this for years, as you can tell from the old-fashioned app screen. So the dealers are familiar with all of this stuff.

I see you are in France and it is possible that this service is not available there.

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies. I confirm i did not order the optional timed climate remote. However I only wish to start the car with the app. It's a pretty basic stuff. If i remember well i was doing this 20 years ago on a basic car with the remote. Doing rhis noWadays with the app is no big deal. Not worth 1000 euro either...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rrvel said:
Ludo said:
Hi all,

any clue ?
Did you order it?Timed Climate.PNG
I was under the assumption that the Timed Climate and the Remote Start was different?

Ludo, I'm sure there has been others talking about this on another topic, and I believe all Velars had it? At least the UK did? I could be wrong..

I have asked my dealer, his words was "I'm 99% sure it does have it, however I need to confirm"

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I may be wrong here but a friend who paid for the times climate remote said he regrets adding the option.

You get an additional separate remote (not smartphone app based), which you can use to remotely start the climate control in case you are in a place where you cannot get access to the internet/4G to communicate with your car via the smartphone app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
French Velar said:
Have been told by my dealer that this function is not available in France as it is apparently against the law!?!
I confirm that my Velar which is in France does not have this function either. Too bad for us...
Lucky you that your dealer replies your phone calls. mine wouldn't :roll:

I suspected something with french regulation. well in this case . there 's not much I can do. Unless trying to uninstall my 'french' remote app and try to install a UK app from the UK appstore. I think there's a way to do it. however, the remote start might be blocked directly on the Velar too. not sure about that since it's an electrical impulse , same as when you press the start button...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did try uninstalling remote app and installing it again from UK appstore. did not work . my account is set up with (bloody) french parameters hence I do not get the remote start car screen. definitely F..ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts