Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks,

Used my remote climate start this morning in earnest.

The rear screen heated element did its job but the front didn't activate. When we jumped into the car only two patches of the front screen were clear from the airflow and not the heated screen electrical elements.

Does the front heated screen activate automatically just like the rear? I hope so otherwise there's not much point. For us, the idea is that the front screen is clear and we can just drive away instead of waiting around.

Thanks for your help.

Arianne

PS. Please don't hijack this thread with issues around whether your remote start works or not, network delay etc. There are other threads for that stuff. This one is about the front windscreen electrical heated element and remote start.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Think I had to go into the setting to automatically set front and rear to come on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does it normally work when you start in situ?
Climate/Settings decides if front and rear are automatic, remote start shouldn't alter settings.
Maybe worth checking settings after remote start to confirm choice?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people. I have accessed the climate settings. I will see what happens tomorrow morning.

Arianne

G

·
Yes, I use this lots and it works on front on rear. I don't recall setting an option for front to come on with auto start however...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay folks, this is weird. The climate settings are set to auto-on for the front and rear heated screens. That was the default setting when I accessed the control panel and checked.

I tried again earlier in the week before my business trips to Cardiff and London (I get to go to all the best places in the world!) and it didn't work. Frankly, front screen deicing is the only feature I really want from Remote Start. Never mind.

Guess my next step is to contact the dealership and let them have a play. Odd that everyone elses' system works but not mine. This bit isn't hi-tech. My heated element works fine once I am in the car and not using remote start. However, when you first jump into the car, the control panel is blank until it realises that it needs to move from remote start to normal operation - and so i cannot see the button on the panel and whether it is lit up or not.

Hardly earth shattering. I will get around to it........ by Spring!

Arianne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I use remote start a lot, have my settings with front on auto and not rear, yet it works fine wihen I'm in the car, but not with remote start. As you say, it's annoying, as it sort of negates the remote, although it does mean that the blower is at least a bit warmer. Sounds like a software 'feature' to me....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.