Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some challenges with remote starting my Velar already. It's only been a few days I've had it, but yesterday and today there were noticeable issues and delays. This morning was not working at all, and it snowed here, cold morning, and the Velar was parked in front of the house :(

Thinking I would go old school, I ran out, brushed off the snow, started it up, jumped out and tried to lock it... that doesn't work. Two horn beeps only, no locking... it doesn't seem like I would have a workaround if remote start isn't working. My sales rep. confirmed you can't lock it with the fob while it's running.

I certainly would advocate for a good old fashion remote start fob, and to lock it with the fob from outside while running... Winter is here where I'm at!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
quig451 said:
I've had some challenges with remote starting my Velar already. It's only been a few days I've had it, but yesterday and today there were noticeable issues and delays. This morning was not working at all, and it snowed here, cold morning, and the Velar was parked in front of the house :(

Thinking I would go old school, I ran out, brushed off the snow, started it up, jumped out and tried to lock it... that doesn't work. Two horn beeps only, no locking... it doesn't seem like I would have a workaround if remote start isn't working. My sales rep. confirmed you can't lock it with the fob while it's running.

I certainly would advocate for a good old fashion remote start fob, and to lock it with the fob from outside while running... Winter is here where I'm at!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normally, if the remote starter had been functioning, you would have been able to remote start the Velar and keep it locked while it was running though, correct?

How did the handles do? Were they covered in ice?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, if the remote start worked, it would have been locked, no prob. Theft of the vehicle isn't the issue, as I *think* it wouldn't get far if someone drove off without a key inside. Its more about someone trying, and/or stealing what's on the inside!

There was some ice, nothing dramatic. Door handles aced it. See my Snow Velar pics in a new thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My remote start works maybe 1 out of 8 times through the app. I try every morning 10 minutes before I leave for work and am almost always left cold...sad. Have had a few issues with the electronic instruments and the fancy new console electronics...chalking it up to growing pains...although if a software update doesn't fix then I'll be pretty sad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This morning I tried (1) go to vehicle, press start without brake applied (2) wait 30 seconds (3) press start, turns it off (4) go back inside, wait another 30 seconds (5) use remote start...

Worked. I plan on reproducing tomorrow again.

If I have to go and wake up my Velar every morning while I know a fix is coming, I'm ok -it's a bug. I work in software, I get it (although for a feature like this, at this price, it's not acceptable!)

If it continues to be a problem, I'll be pissed for sure, which is a few notches up the angry ladder from sad!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts