Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, are these retro fitable?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bugger, I don't want them and the wife does... dilemma's

·
Registered
421 Posts
Depends what you are going to use roof rails for. If Bikes then get the tow hitch and you can put the bike rake on the back. If you are going for a storage box on the roof then just go for the rails.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want either.. that's the problem

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha ha...... tried, but she wasn't buying it lol.

I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on the wind noise.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Since the rails can't be added after construction, it's a no brainer for us to include them . Also I think they look great on the car. And I agree, they are hardly notable. That's one of those things you think about in advance and once you own the car for a while, you'll never notice again.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Done and added them. It's not often you get anything for free from LR. Also last minute added the active key thingy, not sure whether that will get used but seemed a good idea at the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Land Rover is restricting dealers from retrofitting roof rails on new Velars that were not originally equipped at the factory with them. Apparently, the retrofit of roof rails involves the disassembly of the pano roof mechanism, removal of interior roof panels and side curtain air bags, which will not only be extremely costly and labor-intensive, but may compromise the integrity of how everything was intended to be assembled at the factory. In other words, if you plan on using roof-mounted accessories on your Velar, you must order it with your factory build. And if you want a First Edition, you're out of luck because currently roof rails cannot be optioned from the factory on a First Edition.

·
Registered
421 Posts
No cost option and no wind noise. Pretty much a no brainer. Also suits the velar as an off-road SUV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am looking to purchase a Velar and have seen one which is near perfect and not yet registered so is ideal and as I don't want to wait 4 months for one to be built.

The only drawback is that the one I am looking at has roof rails. From the thread I seem to get the gist that the roof rails once fitted cannot be removed due to the other components which will also need removing but has anyone heard or had any experience with having it done?

If so I would love to know what the time taken to do this was and the cost involved.

Many Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts