Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I pretty sure I want a d300 though might test the 240 just to see.

I certainly want the following

Contrast roof
Privacy glass
Spare wheel mainly cos I hate load lip!
Interactive display
Surround camera
Levers for seats

Now, was planning to just get the s as quite a lot here to Add manually. Although it does give the screen the 360 aid seems redundant given that I want camera anyway.

Now I'm wondering should I pick se. Is 360 aid good enough? Only other things seem to be the bigger wheels and matrix lights which I'm not sure I'm that bothered about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I find the 360 parking aid and reversing camera work well together when parking in tight spaces.
When choosing between S or SE my dealer advised that an SE with a few options was likely to be worth more than an S with a similar purchase price due to options at resale.
May be just sales talk but I went for the SE....bigger wheels, better sound system, matrix lights (very good...would never go back to "normal" lights, interactive display, 360 parking aid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also the se comes with digital dash, more interior mood lighting, and I think more safety features as standard

·
Registered
252 Posts
I went S but mainly based on availability.

I think having front and rear sensors as a minimum is essential -
The interactive display having seen it is amazing, but I was happy with the analogue dials
Panoramic Sliding roof is gorgeous, and I am so glad I stood my ground on this.
I would like to see a comparison over the Matrix vs Prem LED. I have Premium and they are pretty damn awesome.
I took the option of doing tints after delivery as I knew a man that could :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
My top spec (with the optionals I value) come at about £4k difference between the S and the SE. It seems sensible to get the S, as I have already chosen larger wheels (21"), interactive display, the better sound system, and sabe the £4k, what do you all think?

·
Registered
28 Posts
mavg1986 said:
My top spec (with the optionals I value) come at about £4k difference between the S and the SE. It seems sensible to get the S, as I have already chosen larger wheels (21"), interactive display, the better sound system, and sabe the £4k, what do you all think?
I went for the S and got all the options extra I wanted. Also got a HSE badge off the dealer. Haha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you're leasing/pcp SE is a no brainer - a lot more kit for very little extra outlay. Jump to HSE is less compelling unless you want ›20 inch alloys or value the nicer seats.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Parking is big thing for me and missus.

Has occurred that surround camera on s would be without 360 Parking aid and therefore without beeps ....

Se is about 40 s month more on pcp or lease and I would order tft dials anyway.

For me I'm tempted to forget camera and just make do with se plus

Full spare wheel
Contrast roof
Privacy glass
Possibly configurable ambient lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
velofixed said:
If you're leasing/pcp SE is a no brainer - a lot more kit for very little extra outlay. Jump to HSE is less compelling unless you want ›20 inch alloys or value the nicer seats.
Yeah I think from SE to HSE is really not worth it. Who really needs massaging seats while you're driving unless you're going on a road trip? The price difference is ridiculous just for nicer seats and a few added safety features that I'm sure will be annoying where I'd end up having to turn them off anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Jpvelar said:
Parking is big thing for me and missus.

Has occurred that surround camera on s would be without 360 Parking aid and therefore without beeps ....

Se is about 40 s month more on pcp or lease and I would order tft dials anyway.

For me I'm tempted to forget camera and just make do with se plus

Full spare wheel
Contrast roof
Privacy glass
Possibly configurable ambient lighting
I was going to order the full sized spare but then realised it raises the boot floor... (same as with the f pace)

·
Registered
482 Posts
BLAM said:
Don't forget you get Nav with thee SE.
SatNav is included in the S trim.

Arianne

·
Registered
17 Posts
BLAM said:
Don't forget you get Nav with thee SE.
You get Nav with S, too. It's just the basic Velar you don't get the Nav. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.